VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Like if i have 10 video clips and want each one to be x seconds long, how can i select them all and edit their length. Ive tried everything.
    If it really is impossible, let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Find the second mark on each clip and hit 's' for split. Delete the excess and you have it.

Or drag from either end to shorten the clip fro the start or the end.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking beyond that.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this going to be a repeating need?

I could change 10 clip durations in about 4 minutes. About the time it took me to type this response.

I'm a slow typer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No what im doing is a stop motion video so i want to select multiple clips and make them all a certain length.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use the trimmer on each clip -- very fast if you learn the shortcut keystrokes
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What if you're like me and have 1,545 images you'd like set to the same length, instead of a few video clips?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since you're working with still image animation........click on 1st image, then Shift-click on last. Right-click and choose "Group". Now go the the end and Control + Drag the clips to expand or contract the time.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Since you're working with still image animation........click on 1st image, then Shift-click on last. Right-click and choose "Group". Now go the the end and Control + Drag the clips to expand or contract the time.
    I just registered and joined this forum to thank you. I was just searching for this problem and I found this post. Thanks a ton!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    EDIT- question answered, text removed
    Last edited by klydemorris; 27th May 2011 at 15:57.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    after a lot of experimenting i've discovered a way that helped me with my stop motion videos-with over 2000 shots i did NOT want to be editing each still seperately!!

(in sony vegas platinum 9.0)

go to options, then preferences. click the editing tab and go to new still image length (seconds) and change the length of your still images to what you would like. (i find that about 0.100 fps is good for fast movement and 0.250 is good for slower shots)
    hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by bisbic1211 View Post
    after a lot of experimenting i've discovered a way that helped me with my stop motion videos-with over 2000 shots i did not want to be editing each still seperately!!

(in sony vegas platinum 9.0)

go to options, then preferences. Click the editing tab and go to new still image length (seconds) and change the length of your still images to what you would like. (i find that about 0.100 fps is good for fast movement and 0.250 is good for slower shots)
    hope this helps
    thank you from the bottom of my heart!! <3 :d
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    animator,
    note racer-x's post as well, if you want to change the length of multiple still photos in your timeline.
    Quote Quote