VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The thing is that I just saw a DVD movie in which the movie starts playing automatically without a menu, however it has chapters.

I would like to know if you know of a program that has that specific way of burning a movie?

Thank you for any information!
    Quote Quote  
  2. More or less each authoring program (IfoEdit, Rejig, MuxMan, GfD, TDA, dvdlab...)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do it regularly with DVD Lab Pro when I am just testing encodes or specific filtering techniques.

ConvertXtoDVD creates this type of DVD by default.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    E.g. in TDA at menu creation step you can select 'no menu' in menu templates or make DVD skip the menu in the beginning of playback (still accessible from the remote at any playback position).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Every backup I have ever done is this way. DVDShrink - reauthor mode - movie only.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What will be your source video? Do you have dvd-compliant assets (video and audio)? Do you have a valid dvd-folder already (to use DVDShrink)? Do you need an encoder and the ability to set your own chapters?

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You everyone for your responses and help!! I really appreciate it!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GeorgeW
    What will be your source video? Do you have dvd-compliant assets (video and audio)? Do you have a valid dvd-folder already (to use DVDShrink)? Do you need an encoder and the ability to set your own chapters?

Regards,
    George

Hi George, the source video I'm using is .avi form, transfered from a camera via the 1394 connection. Before burning the movie usually I just make an intro and outro clip with Pinnacle Studio, and then I use this other program called MyDVD Deluxe and put them in their position with the unedited .avi portion of the video, and then burn it. There is a reason why I use Pinnacle Studio just to create clips, and MyDVD to burn the material.

Pinnacle Studio gets on my nerves because you have to add an icon for every chapter you make, having to make more menu template duplicates, compromising the memory on the DVD.

While MyDVD you have more flexibility to having just 1 menu template with 1 icon of the movie with all chapters in it......but even though it does that, it still doesn't get me to the point that I want. ...I hope I answered your questions correctly and didn't go off topic much.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, that answers alot of questions. You appear to need an encoder (MyDVD is doing that for you at the moment). Unfortunately, I don't use MyDVD, so I'm not sure if it has the ability to play everything before menus (or even to create a DVD without menus).

I've used Ulead's DVD MovieFactory to do this -- it can create a DVD without menus, but maintain your chapter marks. So can DVD Architect 4 Studio, and I'm sure others as well. I mention these because they have a builtin encoder. Both have a free trial download.

There are also free encoders and authoring programs found in the tools section -- link on the left (some already mentioned by others in this thread).

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GeorgeW
    Yes, that answers alot of questions. You appear to need an encoder (MyDVD is doing that for you at the moment). Unfortunately, I don't use MyDVD, so I'm not sure if it has the ability to play everything before menus (or even to create a DVD without menus).

I've used Ulead's DVD MovieFactory to do this -- it can create a DVD without menus, but maintain your chapter marks. So can DVD Architect 4 Studio, and I'm sure others as well. I mention these because they have a builtin encoder. Both have a free trial download.

There are also free encoders and authoring programs found in the tools section -- link on the left (some already mentioned by others in this thread).

Regards,
    George

Hey, Thank You for the info.
    I'm going to try out some of the software and see which one convinces me more, again Thanks alot!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I got the exact same problem in Pinnacle 12. Did you find a solution?

/Regards
    Jorsan
    Quote Quote