VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been trying to get Riva FLV encoder 2.0 working but I've had no luck so far. 1.1 worked flawlessly but 2.0 won't even start properly. All I get is a dark square with a green outline in the top left corner of the Riva FLV Encoder window and I can't do anything else...any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having the same exact problem. The funny thing is, it only started to occur after I changed my motherboard. This could be due to many reasons, especially since the process required I reformat my HDD. I could be missing some codec or driver that the encoder requires. Has anyone seen this problem before? If so, any solutions?

"Now you know, and knowing's half the battle!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    KINDA HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH CERTAIN FLV FILES..MOST OF WHICH WILL CONVERT CORRECTLY AND WITH NO PROBLEM..BUT WITH SOME I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT I AM MISSING A CODEC..CAN SOME PLEASE STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION..AS TO WHAT CODECS ARE NEEDED TO CONVERT TO AVI??? '

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
    HONEYMARLEY
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hawkeye, you need to update your flash player. I usually need to install "install_flash_player v9.0.28.0.exe" followed by the debug version, "flashplayer_9_ax_debug.exe". Sometimes several times before it works. Installing either one by itself doesn't seem to work.
    Yesterday I downloaded the world,
    But it took up too much space so I had to purge it.
    Quote Quote