VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More times than not... actually, many more times than not. New versions of tools pasted on the left column of the first page, just aren't there. Sometimes they're there a day or two later, sometimes a week later, and sometimes, who knows????

Whats the story? The newest version of a tool that I looked up today was vob blanker( ver 2.130 beta 10) go to their site and the newest version they have is a Dec 06 ver2.120.

I'm not a complainer, especially not a complainer about getting a new version of a free tool.

But what's up with this, it's been going on for a long time?

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    More appropriate in the Feedback Forum. Moving.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    we often rely on members like you to send a "new or updated" tool report ..

that is why the link is there in each tool
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vob blanker beta are actually hosted here - is one reason they are more up to date than the non beta builds, so not really sure of the issue here ?
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the feedback cal_tony. I'll ask if we/I can help out the site admin better.

I think Baldrick is doing the lists alone at the moment. The last time I checked many were updated on a daily basis from the reported list. The others were edited as time allowed - usually very fast indeed. I'm not sure if SatStorm is still editing the capture card lists, but even so it all adds up to fair amount of manual work.

I checked and there is indeed another link to the latest vob blanker beta further down. I missed it myself
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    links to beta versions may be under the "Other Info" for some tools that doesn't link to the beta directly from their homepage. i'm also trying to add the beta versions links to the history.

i might add a new link to beta versions under the download tab also.
    Quote Quote