VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sony SLV-700HF VCR will not eject tape. If I look into mach. I see protective cover open exposing tape to heads...all looks ok...but won't eject. Never ever a problem with this machine before. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Switch it off and on again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried that...any other idea's...is there a secret hole like a CD or DVD drive where you use a paperclip...I doubt it....but there should be something that can be done.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Same problem. Found that, when this happens, I must turn the machine off, unplug it from the wall, wait a few seconds, plug it back in.

Then it will eject.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wclauben View Post
    Same problem. Found that, when this happens, I must turn the machine off, unplug it from the wall, wait a few seconds, plug it back in.

Then it will eject.
    Unplug 1 minute. Plug in and as soon as you do so press EJECT immediately. Problems with this machine may be bad caps in its PSU, dried-out lube and/or foreign object on complicated eject mechanism, and/or faulty cassette case. Failing this, unplug and note eject motor corkscrew and attempt to turn it either way to see which brings the tape up. Tension will not be present anymore to bring loop back to cassette so do the whole thing as gingerly as possible if the tape is important to you.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote