VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

There are some videos that I have made to which I want to add my website's name ... as a sort of watermark thing ... presumably at the bottom. I tried movie maker but it doesn't work ... and a few other things as well. I read a few other posts here on videohelp, but didn't have much success. Is there a free way of doing so?

Thank-you so much for everything!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to provide more information.
    What's the input and output format?
    Will it be used for a DVD later?
    Where do you plan to watch it?
    Provide more info and it will be easier to help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mats was faster
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Caple
    You need to provide more information.
    What's the input and output format?
    Will it be used for a DVD later?
    Where do you plan to watch it?
    Provide more info and it will be easier to help.

Thanks!

The format is wmv and some are avi .
    No ... they won't be burnt to a DVD.
    I think I will upload it to youtube. and then embed it to the site.
    I'd like to have it presumably at the bottom of the video. To the bottom left or something.

Shall I upload a video somewhere, so that anyone would like to try it out? To megaupload or mediafire or somewhere?
    Thanks so much for answering back!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=248307

/Mats

Thanks Mats, but they don't seem to work for me!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AviSynth:

Subtitle("www.your-site", align=2)

Here the text is yellow (default), position is bottom/centre (e.g. 1 is for bottom/left). Fonts and some effects are customizable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marnisper

/Mats

What doesn't work? To add a watermark, you'll have to reencode your video - You are aware of that?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM

/Mats

What doesn't work? To add a watermark, you'll have to reencode your video - You are aware of that?

/Mats
    Sorry for appearing ignorant, but how do you do that?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you read and tried the guide? It's rather detailed. In what step did you get stuck?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you read and tried the guide? It's rather detailed. In what step did you get stuck?

/Mats
    Basically in the re encoding part. And I'm also trying to get the image to appear at the bottom.
    I also think it's writing the subtitle. I did it using notepad ... and said it as srt. Is there a programme i need to use?
    When I opened the subtitle ..... it was REALLY huge. I also used MS Paint ... but that didn't seem to work too well either!

I tried using avisynth, but I can't seem to find an icon to open it with. Maybe I downloaded the wrong package?

BTW ...Thanks for helping me like this! I really appreciate it!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AviSynt doesn't have an inteface, as it's more like a programming language for video editing. You write a program/script for it using any text editor (like notepad) and give it an .avs extension. Then you tell the encoder to load the .avs script, and avisynth will start doing its magic according the script you've written. At the moment, this seems a bit over your head, no offense intended.
    To highligt some points from the guide: The logo is created with Paint, and saved as bitmap.
    You use the Logo filter in VirtualDub
    The position of your logo is set with the sliders X offset/Y offset.

Once you have the logo where you want it, go to the Video menu, select Full processing mode, then Compression, select DivX or XviD codec and configure this (a whole book on its own).
    In Audio, you select Direct stream copy.
    Lastly, File -> Save as AVI.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AviSynt doesn't have an inteface, as it's more like a programming language for video editing. You write a program/script for it using any text editor (like notepad) and give it an .avs extension. Then you tell the encoder to load the .avs script, and avisynth will start doing its magic according the script you've written. At the moment, this seems a bit over your head, no offense intended.
    To highligt some points from the guide: The logo is created with Paint, and saved as bitmap.

Once you have the logo where you want it, go to the Video menu, select Full processing mode, then Compression, select DivX or XviD codec and configure this (a whole book on its own).

/Mats
    Wow! Thanks so much!!! I'll let you know how it goes!
    Thanks so much again!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

I tried using avisynth, but I can't seem to find an icon to open it with.
    A simple way to begin using AviSynth is making you first script with AvsP (free script editor with preview). Drag your .avi file to AvsP page and the program will generate the first line of the script for opening the file. Then you can paste a line from a template for processing video. If you click on time-line on the bottom of the page the resulting picture appears. When you type any command manually, AvsP gives floating prompts for correct syntax. There's also a button for opening AviSynth reference documentation from installation directory.
    In the end you save .avs script and open it in e.g. VDub for encoding. In case of script (instead of original .avi file) you'll also have to encode audio or mux it from original file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Mats was spot on - I should know

I thought that guide was pretty self-explanatory. I would suggest that you follow it step by step, and tell us exactly what step didn't work as advertised.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM

/Mats

Could anyone try it out for me please? Here is a video (It's safe and it's small, so it's easy to download)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8GQF5U75

The URL of my site is www.freewebs.com/andrew_lloyd_webber

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Someone put this useless spammer out of his misery and ban him from this site. $75 for something that can be easily done for free? You've got to be kidding!

5 posts so far; all of them spam.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In Japan, spam is considered a delicacy served at morning, noon, and even with a romantic candlelight dinner...yum
    Quote Quote  
  18. Not you, marnisper,

Some nice Mod removed the post after yours and it's as if he never existed. Good riddance.

Hehe zoobie. Here in Hawaii, Spam, while not exactly a delicacy, is a very common food. During WWII, fresh meat became unavailable, and the islanders lived on Spam and other canned meats, and passed it down to their children, and then to the next generation, until today it's still real common. Hawaii consumes by far the highest amount of Spam per capita of any state in the US.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by manono
    Some nice Mod removed the post after yours and it's as if he never existed. Good riddance.
    I reported him

Nice to see the "report this post" feature works!
    Quote Quote