VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am replacing the HDD in a 531H and have hit a snag. If someone could address the following two questions, I would be very grateful:

1. In the instructions for replacing the hard drive on the DVR 53x recorders, it says at one point to press the REC STOP button. The Pronto CCF service remote emulator (which I use on a Palm PDA) has only a STOP button. Is this the correct button or is it referring to a button on the DVR remote rather than the Service Remote?

2. The step referred to above is the one in Part 3 where you are using the pioneer4 disk. It also says to open the drive, place the disk in the tray, but DO NOT CLOSE IT. Then you press the REC STOP button.

What happens if you DO close the tray upon placing the disk in it and before pressing REC STOP? I won't say why I would like to know this. I just would.

All help appreciated.

Jere
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi
    You dont do Part 3 if you have a DVR-531, it's only for DVRs from Europe or/and Australia/New Zealand. Only way this Part would work on a DVR-531 is if you have a firmware disc. Pioneer4 disc is not a firmware!

As a owner of a DVR-531 you do Part 4, and then use the Pioneer4 disc.

Edit: When using a firmware disc (NOT Pioneer4) it is the buttons on the recorder it self you should use.
    I think you should read the instructions again as you seem to have missed sevrla points.
    Pioneer FAQ http://pioneerfaq.info : Please visit the sponsors
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote