VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo

All AviSynth filters keep track of field parity, so Weave will always join the fields together in the proper order. If you want the other order, you'll have to use ComplementParity, AssumeTFF or AssumeBFF beforehand or SwapFields afterwards.
    But I just ran the experiment and SelectEvery(4,1,2) did reverse the field order.
    It works because both (0,3) and (1,2) field pairs until weave remain in order they were separated from sequential progressive frames and AviSynth finds the order correct. But my suggestion (somewhere above) to select (2,1) instead of (1,2) to get TFF shouldn't work because it reverses motion phases.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Alex_ander
    Originally Posted by jagabo

All AviSynth filters keep track of field parity, so Weave will always join the fields together in the proper order. If you want the other order, you'll have to use ComplementParity, AssumeTFF or AssumeBFF beforehand or SwapFields afterwards.
    But I just ran the experiment and SelectEvery(4,1,2) did reverse the field order.
    It works because both (0,3) and (1,2) field pairs until weave remain in order they were separated from sequential progressive frames and AviSynth finds the order correct. But my suggestion (somewhere above) to select (2,1) instead of (1,2) to get TFF shouldn't work because it reverses motion phases.
    Yes, I see now. In the given script, AVISynth's maintains the order from the original fields, not the resulting fields from SeparateFields().

My confusion came a video I was converting a long time ago where I was doing something which, although much more complicated, boiled down to:

AVISource("file.avi")
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(2,1,0)
    Weave()

That does not reverse the field order. AviSynth automatically restored the original order of the fields.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Newbie help please on a similar problem.

A few years ago I copied all my Panasonic DV videos from the 1990s to my PC as avi using Windows movie maker in the original quality (approx 13GB per hour of video).

At the time the recordings were made I set the Panasonic camera to 16:9. However reading this thread indicates it was an illusion of 16:9 and black bars were superimposed on the 4:3 picture.

As a result all my 16:9 recordings have black bars at the top and bottom when viewed on a 16:9 monitor (and look a bit squished top to bottom as well).

Seeing as this thread is 13 years old, is there an upto date step by step guide of how to remove the black bars and view the videos correctly, as I originally hoped when I made them 20 years ago.

I attach a screen capture below.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DV capture.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	768.7 KB
ID:	54012  

Last edited by AustinMaxi; 30th Jun 2020 at 12:10.
    Quote Quote