VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. I installed VCDEasy 1.1.5.2(?) last freeware version on my vista pc, and it doesn't work properly. When i try to run it, it tells me I don't have Windows Media Player. Which is odd considering it's actually impossible to have Vista and not have WMP. I really liked VCDEasy, but now it seems I can only use it if i go back to my old pc, which is illogical.

So, other than VCDEasy, what would be the recommended VCD/SVCD authoring program?
    asdf

2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yet another reason to add to the ever growing list of reasons why you do NOT want to "upgrade" to Vista at this time.

VCDEasy is probably the best authoring program there is for VCD/SVCD. Anything else would be inferior.

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, come on "iThink" pay the $ and support the author. You're trying to use a version that's more than 4 years old. It's even it on sale right now for $23.95

I agree that you shouldn't have to upgrade just because you went with Vista (I hate what I'm hearing about it and I just bought an "open box" PC so I could still get XP).

The website doesn't list Vista support yet and only says "Windows 98/98SE/Me/NT4/2000 and XP" so think of all the glory you'll get by downloading the trial version and confirming if is does or does not work on Microsoft's latest contribution to our lives. Then send a tiny bit of money to someone who's actually producing a GOOD and USEFUL piece of software.

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by byteguy
    Ah, come on "iThink" pay the $ and support the author. You're trying to use a version that's more than 4 years old. It's even it on sale right now for $23.95

I agree that you shouldn't have to upgrade just because you went with Vista (I hate what I'm hearing about it and I just bought an "open box" PC so I could still get XP).

The website doesn't list Vista support yet and only says "Windows 98/98SE/Me/NT4/2000 and XP" so think of all the glory you'll get by downloading the trial version and confirming if is does or does not work on Microsoft's latest contribution to our lives. Then send a tiny bit of money to someone who's actually producing a GOOD and USEFUL piece of software.
    I have to say that this is a really good post. I bought VCDEasy years ago even though I don't really work with VCD that much, but I bought it because it was really good, worth supporting, and not very expensive. It's a one time fee anyway as buyers get upgrades for free.

5. I wasn't considering purchasing the software because i was under the impression it didn't work, regardless of which version you are trying to use. I guess I didn't even stop to think maybe the latest version works just fine. I'll download the trial and check that out. I don't recall how much the software is to purchase, so if it isn't too much i'll go for it.
    asdf

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    Yet another reason to add to the ever growing list of reasons why you do NOT want to "upgrade" to Vista at this time.

VCDEasy is probably the best authoring program there is for VCD/SVCD. Anything else would be inferior.
    vista = bad! Why, just because "Uncle Bill" brings out something new do people go out and upgrade when there is no need to - just stick to 98SE or XP

7. WOW .. someone asked a question on how to get VCDeasy to work on Vista and not one answer, just a bunch of gibberish?

So, is their a way to get VCDeasy to work on Vista or not ? Does anyone know ? .. and a word of advice to the numb nut who said just buy it ..LMAO.. yeah gee . that would make a difference .. NOT

8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    WOW!!!!!!!

Some numbnut dug up a 3 year old thread on VCD's!!!

VCD's were cool about 8 years ago!!!!!!
    LMAO!!!!

If you can not afford to make DVD's @ .18 cents each on quality media, in way better quality than a VCD on a CDR, you need a new and cheaper hobby!!!

Like watching grass grow or paint drying!!!!!
    LOL!!

9. LMAO.. @ Noahtuck .. Please forgive me for I see not where the cost of anything was mentioned in my post. I asked a question within a reply to how no-one answered the original questioned asked, and yet again, another useless stupid reply was made rather then an answer.

Again I have to apologize because I thought this site was called "VideoHelp.com" .. Maybe it should be called "Come here and ask questions and receive nothing but stupid replies.com"

10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it's not called, lets dig up a 3 year old thread on antique video methods.com, just to criticize replies.....

Yeah, that makes a big difference.... NOT!!!
    DERR!!!!!

Obviously you have some kind of fetish for VCD's seeing as this is the 2nd thread of 2 threads you ever posted to, and both were about VCD's!!!

So it really has nothing to do with you mentioning anything about the cost of anything, your post's tell it all and are very obvious to anyone who has a clue.....

Carry on VCD boy!!!!!!

11. Oh My .. Dear Noahtuck ..LMAO

I don't really know why I felt the need to even come back to post to you again, maybe it's just to enlighten you just a little. before you make such stupid remarks to people you don't even know who they are, maybe you should ask first. I have uploaded somewhere in the area of maybe ohhhh .. 300 movies etc. on more sites then I can remember and most all of them I have encoded, improved, ripped or cammed myself, you silly little puppet .. LMAO

I have my own reasons for asking a KvCD question as I have asked before .. I still have 100's of CD's laying around and would love to use them for other then just music and data etc. .. but clearly YOU have no clue about the subject at ALL and it seems that YOU have no clue on much of anything other then making childish remarks rather then answering peoples questions.

Just curious, did you ever finish school?

12. To All the other people here on the site .. Please excuse this thread and the remarks are ONLY for that Noahtuck person .. everyone else here is great.

Thanks .. Dragon

13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    DragonLord721 - Based on other threads, apparently VCDEasy doesn't work on any version of Windows beyond XP.

You dug up an old thread, which we generally don't like. Probably would have been best to just start a new thread asking if VCDEasy worked on Vista or Windows 7. But anytime someone asks about VCD, we get posts from people like Noahtuck who criticize them for even asking questions. There are a few people here who will provide helpful answers to VCD questions without criticism, but nobody here has ever come up with a way to make VCDEasy work on Vista or 7. If you want to use VCDEasy under Vista, you might consider installing a virtual machine with VMware or some similar program and installing XP under that.

14. A few observations:

1) Yeah, grave-digging is really bad form here.
    2) Bragging about warez is even worse. Besides no one is impressed. The members here tend to be older and have considerable experience in video, some are professionals.
    3) Numbers 1 and two in combination, plus getting argumentative and abusive: a quick way to get banned.

[EDIT] Lest it get edited out before a mod sees it, I mean this:

I have uploaded somewhere in the area of maybe ohhhh .. 300 movies etc. on more sites then I can remember and most all of them I have encoded, improved, ripped or cammed myself, you silly little puppet .. LMAO

Now, there's little doubt that "rip" and "upload" in the same sentence means warez.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 26th Dec 2010 at 16:06.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!

15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DragonLord721-Please do not dig up up old thread and post about warez and bragging,thread closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.