Hello, I'm very happy with Sony LocationFree Tv...a small box in my japanese family house that stream tv channels to my Pc in Europe. The Sony receiver software in my Pc can only play and that is a problem because I'd like to record sometimes.

A solution, very easy, is to buy an external recorder...but I've built a nice Shuttle XPC with Vista and Media Center and I'd like to use this solution for everything.

The video card is a MSI nVidia NX7950 that has a VIVO capture chip onboard.
I also have a Pinnacle 700 anyway.

What I think it is to get the signal from the TV out and put it back in the video card or Pinnacle and record it. Is it right?

At the beginning I wanted to record with Microsoft Media Center but unfortunately it only records tv channels and not video-in signal. Is it correct?

So, what software do you suggest to record a vhs-like quality signal in a very easy and fast way? At first I wanted to use Media Center to record because it has a timer. Do you know if there is any recording software with timer function?

Anything else to suggest? Consider that I am a beginner...so, be patient and forgive any mistake I may have written.

Tks,
Mags