VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,

I did a search (https://forum.videohelp.com/search.php#search) for "focus pull" and got this:

...so I clicked on the Google search link and got this:

There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    removing the quote marks makes it works i notice .... oddly enough
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    removing the quote marks makes it works i notice
    I tried that first - but that returns threads with the words "focus" or "pull". I then tried using the AND operand, and that returns threads with both words in, but the words aren't neccessarily connected, as in "focus pull" together.

I'm looking for info on focus pulling - and threads that have the words focus and / or pull in are commonplace.

Hence why I tried the quotes and got the error and the (seemingly) erroneous parameters passed to Google.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what about using + ?

tried it -- words not connected (same as a space)

tried advanced search - http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&hl=en&domains=videohelp.com&sitesearch=videohelp.co...ghts=&safe=off

no threads --
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that. New thread it is then...

And I'll leave Baldrick to decide if my original post is anything he's concerned about.

Cheers BJ_M

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I tried it and dont get the general error, Baldrick may have those types of searches disabled for times during the day when there is a lot of traffic.

As far as Google goes the site search is not 100%, depends on whether the page is indexed or not.
    Quote Quote