VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Where might I look for information on harvesting video files from the U-verse TV service's TiVo-like device (Motorola VIP1216 DVR)?

The drive is an IDE drive. It has two partitions which both mount fine on my MacBook Pro using an external drive dock. The first partition is reported to be FAT16 in the Mac OS Disk Utility application. The video files are on the other partition, which is apparently FAT32. I copied one 1GB file from the device, then returned it to the DVR to be sure that none of my exploration had caused any harm, and everything still worked, so no harm done. The only files big enough to contain video are each 1G in size and have names such as 0000001140000000.slc. Their names all end in ".slc". After doing a tiny bit of examining, it would appear that the files with names containing letters consist of zeros, and the files with names containing any numbers other than 0 are the ones with the video content. I'll appreciate any advice (well, almost any ).

llee782
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have no experience in this matter, pure conjecture only

they might be TS ( transport streams ) with a different ext on the file

try making a copy and changing ext to TS ( movie.ts ) and see if one of the stream conversion programs from this site will open it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. No luck so far with VLC, so I'm open to other suggestions. I may try to ask for help in the Mac forum also.
    Quote Quote  
  4. has anyone found out more about this?
    Quote Quote