VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wanna buy a firewire card for my desktop system. I don't know too much about firewire/1394. Is there anything I should pay attention to when I am browsing for one???

I really just need the card, necessary cables, and the drivers. I don't think the software package or brand name is a priority for me. Unless the brand name is important in terms of quality. I just want something simple and affordable.

Thanx in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Technically, 1394 Firewire is the faster controller card the lets you transfer your movie capture from (DV Cam <===> Computer) including rendering and editing if compared to any other video capture card.
    As far as I understand it doubles the transfer rate.
    You can refer to the previous issues discussed in FAQ. It will help you understand some.

Hope this info helps.
    Briggs

Originally Posted by Syro
    I wanna buy a firewire card for my desktop system. I don't know too much about firewire/1394. Is there anything I should pay attention to when I am browsing for one???

I really just need the card, necessary cables, and the drivers. I don't think the software package or brand name is a priority for me. Unless the brand name is important in terms of quality. I just want something simple and affordable.

Thanx in advance
    Briggs
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you're also shopping for a capture card, you might want to go with the 8500DV (it has a 1394 controller on board)
    Quote Quote