VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I capture using VirtualDub and save the audio as a WAV file using VirtualDub. I then compress the video only using TMPGEnc. I want to reconnect the uncompressed PCM audio to the now-compressed video (mpg) and burn to DVD. Does anyone know the best software to use that will allow me to reconnect the two without doing any additional compression on either the video or audio during the 'reconnect' process?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    any good authoring software will accept PCM audio - though you had better make sure you have limited your max mpeg2 bitrate to about 6200 to be on the safe side
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just my own opinion, but I convert the WAV audio to AC3 with ffmpeggui and use that in TMPGEnc DVD Author and add it, along with the converted video to make my DVDs. Aften may be a little faster, but ffmpeggui is easy. TMPGEnc encoder, again, IMO, is not that great of audio encoder, and I would rather use another method.

WAV audio is likely the best quality, but takes up a lot of space that I would rather use for upping the bitrate of the video. But if your source audio is not high quality, WAV audio won't make it any better.

You should not have any losses by adding your audio track to your DVD, no matter what format it is; As long as your authoring program doesn't need to re-encode your audio.
    Quote Quote