VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Everyone,

First of all, I'd like to appologize if there was already that question (I've searched, but nothing found relating this).

My problem description:

I've just bought my Home theater system (I'm in Lithuania, Vilnius) HT-P1200, everything seems ok, sound is superb, video quality via HDMI to DVI-I is ok too.
    I've tryed many DVDs, DivX'ses and WMAs - everything was played good, exept burned copys of some concerts. I've downloaded them from internet as ".ISO" DVD-(+)R's and burned with NERO onto the Disks, some of them, in example Robbie Williams Live @ Knebworth, of others where played without any problems, but others - like Madonna, Queen and etc - was written: PLAY PROHIBITED, PLEASE CHECK THE DISK.

I've hacked the multiregion code, but aint worked with that.
    The DVD-R or DVD+R is not a problem also, those all concerts where burned onto the same DVDR's. And, more, they are playing well on other Home theater cinemas by my friends...

Is there any unnoficial firmware or anything else?

Please help, in case not - I will give ir back with the money back guaranty...

Thank you and best regards from Lithuania.

Fricas
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As I understood from other threads, there is a solution:

Either to chose NERO RECODE or DVD Shrink.

I've just sent latest NERO with all extras. I've downloaded a Maddona's concert in a .img file, but it seems, that Nero Recode does not support it ?!?!?!?!? What should be my next steps???

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe you didn't really hack the region code. You need to test this with a DVD that you know is coded to play back in a region other than 2.

Maybe the DVDs are NTSC and for some reason your player doesn't like it.

You should be able to burn *.img files in Nero Burning ROM by starting it and going to File and then Open and opening the *.img file.

Admitting that you are burning downloaded material will get you into trouble and surely is a violation of the forum rules.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I've just not clearely stated out my problem, but I've solved it.

My solution to play a nuked/copied/cloned DVD, burned onto DVDR:

1. (If needed) open the .img file with Daemon-Tools
    2. Start Newest Nero Recode
    3. Mount the mounted DVD image, or the path folder
    4. Burn it directly to your DVD-(+)R/W
    5. Play on your HT-Q/P series Samsung home cinema.

Thats it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can accomplish the same thing by just using Nero Burning ROM. Just open, goto to File, open disc...it should then open the file into Nero...then burn onto disc.

It appears the main purpose of Nero Recode, is to allow "shrinking" of dvd's (video) onto a SL dvd if needed. You could also use a tool such as DVDShrink (which is much more popular and supported).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice, but somehow Nero Recode is just super for me for now. If anything goes wrong with it, i"ll try DVDShrink
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the exact same problem with a DVD-R a friend sent me. My old DVD-Recorder plays the DVD without a problem, but the Home Theater (Samsung HT TQ85) won't play it. It gives me an error 'Play prohibited, please check the disk'.
    I did hack he regions and it definitely works with Region 1 and 2. I tried to re-encode with DVDShrink and Nero Recode, but both of them give me errors as well. So I'm assuming the DVD does have errors on it, but for some reason my old LG DVD Recorder can still play the DVD. Does anyone know why this might be or how to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by windy022
    I have the exact same problem with a DVD-R a friend sent me. My old DVD-Recorder plays the DVD without a problem, but the Home Theater (Samsung HT TQ85) won't play it. It gives me an error 'Play prohibited, please check the disk'.
    I did hack he regions and it definitely works with Region 1 and 2. I tried to re-encode with DVDShrink and Nero Recode, but both of them give me errors as well. So I'm assuming the DVD does have errors on it, but for some reason my old LG DVD Recorder can still play the DVD. Does anyone know why this might be or how to fix it?
    You should ALWAYS start your own thread.

Sounds like your player doesn't like the media used for the "bad" disc. You shouldn't need to re-encode anything. The purpose of re-encoding is to make the movie fit onto a single disc....that's already been done in this case. Simply use Nero (or any other burning app) to create a disc image and then burn the image onto a media supported by your standalone.

It could also just be a matter of the disc not being finalized. And it would be helpful to know what errors all of the software is giving you.

The "Play Prohibited" error, sounds like it could be a Rating Level issue based on what I could find in the manual.

EDIT: after reading the above solution, you may just want to focus on your issues with copying the disc(s)...as that is what solved the other users issues.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I will remember to make my own thread for the future.

By media you mean the DVD brand? I tried just copying the disk with Nero, but it doesn't work either. I get a 'reading disk error'.
    When I use Recode at first it takes about ten tries to import the DVD. I get CRC errors that certain VOBs can't be read. Then when I finally manage for it to show up, I get another error that it can't be compiled.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Media is brand (TDK, Memorex) and type (-/+R or -/+RW). Some players are just picky.

As for your problem, sounds like you just have a bad disc. If it is so bad that your pc can't read it, I don't understand why it is still playable. Typically, pc drives have the fewest issues reading discs. About all you can do is ensure the disc is free of dirt and smudges and/or try another app like ISO buster.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just don't get it. It's whole set and I can't copy any of them with Nero. I did manage to copy a couple with ISO buster, thanks so much for that!
    My friend assures me that they do play on her DVD standalone as well as her computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not that it should matter, but try ripping the disc to your HD with DVDFab Decrypter.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    The purpose of re-encoding is to make the movie fit onto a single disc....that's already been done in this case. Simply use Nero (or any other burning app) to create a disc image and then burn the image onto a media supported by your standalone. <...>

DON'T MISTIFY OTHER MEMBERS WITH WRONG INFO!!!

The point of RE-ENCODING is NOT only to fit into the smaller or bigger DVD's or CD's or other media formats. Re-Encoding also is used to "CUT" info (like .nrg, .img, .iso or clone DVD files) and to put them in OTHER ORDER. Thats why the "SMART" new samsung players disable the play.

I'm not offensive, but you are silly. I needed to repost the same sh*t again. I used many programs, readed many forums and etc to solve this smart samsung's firmware 'problem'.

Am I clear for now ?!

Fricas
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fricas
    The purpose of re-encoding is to make the movie fit onto a single disc....that's already been done in this case. Simply use Nero (or any other burning app) to create a disc image and then burn the image onto a media supported by your standalone. <...>

The point of RE-ENCODING is NOT only to fit into the smaller or bigger DVD's or CD's or other media formats. Re-Encoding also is used to "CUT" info (like .nrg, .img, .iso or clone DVD files) and to put them in OTHER ORDER. Thats why the "SMART" new samsung players disable the play.

I'm not offensive, but you are silly. I needed to repost the same sh*t again. I used many programs, readed many forums and etc to solve this smart samsung's firmware 'problem'.

Am I clear for now ?!

Fricas
    Are you clear for now? No you are not! I understand that English is not your native language, but I've read your first paragraph and it makes no sense to me. I worked for a multinational corporation for a long time and I have a lot of experience reading English that isn't exactly right and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe YOU need to get your act together and post something that makes sense in English before you criticize someone who tried to help you. After seeing this, I can tell you that I will remember your name for the future and I don't think I'll post if I see any questions from you.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear jman98,

Let's just put some facts:

1. I have offered a solution, not searched for it!
    2. Yes, you'r right, English is not my native language, but many members have posted me PM messages with: "THANK YOU Fricas for this solution" inside. Think just for a second, my friend, why?!. If the problem vanished - then they have understood me. (how come you don't understood what I've written - I don't get it)
    3. Finally I understand YOU and Others (that have tried to explain me and other SAMSUNG-OWNERS the RE-ENCODING NERO function) that you don't know what is talked here about.
    You should understand - this is a new samsung firmware validation 'trick' NOT to play COPIED/BURNED/CLONED (or whatever) DVD's - BUT ONLY ORGINAL ONES.

Am I clear NOW?

[/u]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Am I clear for now ?!

Fricas
    I wasn't trying to mystify anyone. And to be clear, this is your first post where you state anything about some unknown "firmware problem". From reading your initial thread, it sounds like you were having copying/burning issues, and it sounds like you found a way to correct it.

And just to be clear...maybe you should do a little reading so that you know what Nero Recode is actually doing. Not to mention the fact that aside from the burning engine, Nero isn't very highly regarded at doing anything very well or with any decent quality.

jman98...thanks for the support.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wasn't trying to mystify anyone. And to be clear, this is your first post where you state anything about some unknown "firmware problem". From reading your initial thread, it sounds like you were having copying/burning issues, and it sounds like you found a way to correct it.
    Ok, let's just finalize all our flame:
    - Not all people understood me becouse of my rubbish english.
    - I'm first time here - tried to help anybody searching that kind of problem solution - but made a mistake. OK, as U wish.

And just to be clear...maybe you should do a little reading so that you know what Nero Recode is actually doing. Not to mention the fact that aside from the burning engine, Nero isn't very highly regarded at doing anything very well or with any decent quality.

jman98...thanks for the support.
    - LOL. You tell me to read what Nero or its Re-Code functions do?? LOL! U don't get it: I just don't give a fcuk what is written in some sources - (it's just ridiculous) - I've tried and solved with my own arms, everybody is/was happy, except you - becouse you don't have the samsung HT. LOL. U R so funny.
    - Nowhere in my text is written that I'm praising NERO or telling its the best software in our universe. LOL again. It's just a solution for the trick.

--- End of flame, Experts, rofl.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you win
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you win
    ?!? ?!?

this is not my goal. You misunderstood again. I've pointed out the arguments and you just made the conclusion rubbishly.

^^
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK. The whole point of this forum is to help people that are having problems that they cannot resolve. I was attempting to help you in the initial post and another user that mistakenly used your post. All you've done in your last few posts is flame me for trying to help. I wasn't trying to prove I was right or that you were doing anything wrong. I believe it is important to know what a tool is doing to your files and how it is doing it. I wasn't promoting or bashing Nero. I was just trying to say that there are other tools that can perform the same function. But in order to use other tools, it is important to know what exactly is broken and how to fix it. Blindly using a tool "just because it works" may be fine for some people, but not for me, especially a tool like Nero that is known to create discs that don't properly meet dvd specs.

I'm glad that you found a solution to your problem and I hope it makes sense to anyone that has the same hardware, because it doesn't to me or anyone else that has participated in this post.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. The whole point of this forum is to help people that are having problems that they cannot resolve. I was attempting to help you in the initial post and another user that mistakenly used your post. All you've done in your last few posts is flame me for trying to help. I wasn't trying to prove I was right or that you were doing anything wrong. I believe it is important to know what a tool is doing to your files and how it is doing it. I wasn't promoting or bashing Nero. I was just trying to say that there are other tools that can perform the same function. But in order to use other tools, it is important to know what exactly is broken and how to fix it. Blindly using a tool "just because it works" may be fine for some people, but not for me, especially a tool like Nero that is known to create discs that don't properly meet dvd specs.

I'm glad that you found a solution to your problem and I hope it makes sense to anyone that has the same hardware, because it doesn't to me or anyone else that has participated in this post.

Thank You for understanding me and not being offensive.

Flame closed I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all.

The reason why this system is not playing some disc's is that the system only accepts disc's with booktype setting DVD-ROM.

If the Booktype is DVD+R or -R it won't play it.

So please change your drive to DVD-ROM booktype on all formats.

You can do this with ImgBurn and Nero. Also with other burning tools or the tool that came with your burner.

So start burning disc now with DVD-ROM Booktype and have a good movie night with the HT-P1200

Also there is a new firmware out :
    http://www.samsung.com/dk/support/productsupport/download/FileView.aspx?cttfileid=1479...e=FM&language=
    Ver. 1.25
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by knightfal
    Hi all.

The reason why this system is not playing some disc's is that the system only accepts disc's with booktype setting DVD-ROM.

You can do this with ImgBurn and Nero. Also with other burning tools or the tool that came with your burner.

So start burning disc now with DVD-ROM Booktype and have a good movie night with the HT-P1200

http://www.samsung.com/dk/support/productsupport/download/FileView.aspx?cttfileid=1479...e=FM&language=
    Ver. 1.25

Hi there,

I'll test it for definately. Thanks for the advise. Actually I have already got used to it, by ReCodin' with NeroRecode, but anyway - your advise sounds good

P.S. that firmware I have already, but haven't mentioned any changes in playing videos. Do You know what exactly does it does?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hello Fricas,

I really apreciate your solution for the new f.. samsung protection. You got the point.

Anyway, may you please add more details on your procedure? A kind of "playing copied DVD on samsung for dummies" - like me . I placed some questions below. I will apreciate if you could take a moment to answer them, Thanks a lot !!!

- I have already the original DVD, may I skip step 1 or...
    - In case I have the original DVD, should I create an .img first? (in this case, what program would you sujest?)

- What version of this software did you use? Do I need to buy it? Is it freeware?

- Should I use double layer media for that? Will work with single layer media?
    - if work with single layer media (4GB), does Nero Recode shrinks it or should I use other program (like DVD shrink)?

5. Play on your HT-Q/P series Samsung home cinema

- How do I change booktype to DVD-room like another sujestion? Anyway, not sure if that's the problem because I can play normal DVD-+R copied movies on the samsung player. I just cannot play the CSS protected copied ones
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there I'll try to answer in this type of text.

Hello Fricas,

I really apreciate your solution for the new f.. samsung protection. You got the point.

Anyway, may you please add more details on your procedure? A kind of "playing copied DVD on samsung for dummies" - like me . I placed some questions below. I will apreciate if you could take a moment to answer them, Thanks a lot !!!

- I have already the original DVD, may I skip step 1 or...
    - In case I have the original DVD, should I create an .img first? (in this case, what program would you sujest?)

If You have a orginal DVD, You should just put it into your DVD-ROM and Start the NERO RECODE software. Then, when you chose 'Recode whole DVD into DVD (or similar)' you should chose NOT to burn onto new DVD, but to save recoded data into your HDD (after that - just burnt it from this file). Else, move on to the 2nd point.

- What version of this software did you use? Do I need to buy it? Is it freeware?

This software comes with NERO Burning Rom - in this case, I use 7.9.5.2 ver. You don't have to search for a full or retail version. Only "Nero micro and lite" is without Nero Recode soft - all other Nero installs come with RECODE function. I don't know whether its better for You - to buy or to download it from somewhere cracked

- Should I use double layer media for that? Will work with single layer media?
    - if work with single layer media (4GB), does Nero Recode shrinks it or should I use other program (like DVD shrink)?

a. I don't know, where is the problem, but if I burn the DVD9 (8.4GB - DoubleLayer) with just simple NERO Burning Rom soft - it burns perfectly, but if I use this RECODE soft - it doesnt. I don't know yet where is the problem, it just burns the first layer and then reports a error and shuts down.
    b. Yeah, the RECODE soft does it perfectly - it shrinks to the desired size or (if you wish to) just cut's some extra material, some soundtracks or subtitles.

5. Play on your HT-Q/P series Samsung home cinema

- How do I change booktype to DVD-room like another sujestion? Anyway, not sure if that's the problem because I can play normal DVD-+R copied movies on the samsung player. I just cannot play the CSS protected copied ones

I don't know what you mean by asking this, but the type of booktype you can change in the Nero Options section.

C U.

Fricas at delfi.lt
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by knightfal
    Hi all.

Ver. 1.25
    That's strange, cause in the HT-P1200 manual it says "DVD-ROM can't be played on this DVD player" under the heading "Before Calling for Service"

I've had several different experiences with burning DVD-Video to DVD-R(W) and DVD+R(W). It actually works using DVD-RW but not DVD-R, even from the same brand. Up until today, I had some DVD-R that played well on my HT-P1200 System. But after today, they dont anymore. The strangest thing was that a newly created DVD on a DVD-R worked straight after I took ut out from my computer and used it in my HT-P1200, but when I took it out again and tried again, it didn't want to load!

I'm going to buy some DVD+R tomorrow and try with that.

Maybe I've just not clearely stated out my problem, but I've solved it.

My solution to play a nuked/copied/cloned DVD, burned onto DVDR:

5. Play on your HT-Q/P series Samsung home cinema.

Thats it.
    I also tried this workaround, but it didn't work for me. Do you know if you used DVD-R or +R or doesn't it matter in your case Fricas?

EDIT: After a look at my DVD-collection backup, it looks like every backup burned with +R runs ok and the -R doesn't run. I'm still positive some of the -R did run earlier, but my player refuses to deal with any of my -R discs now, the -RW still runs. Looks like I'll have to compile all of my -R to +R discs.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also tried this workaround, but it didn't work for me. Do you know if you used DVD-R or +R or doesn't it matter in your case Fricas?
    Dear oskarso,

I'm using VERBATIM DVD-R's (tryied Philips, ACME, SONY and other brands, but VERBATIMS seem to be the best). I haven't noticed that DVD-R's are going to be bad in some time, mine are playing all well. This week I'll gonna buy my a new burner for PC, (this one aint burns me any DVD+R's), Than I'll say here how's with the "+" ones.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very strange, I used VERBATIM a LOT yesterday. The Verbatim DVD-R didn't play at all on my DVD-Player. However the Verbatim DVD-RW worked like a charm! The strangest thing is that a DVD-R I know, for a fact, has worked before yesterday, didn't work yesterday. Some of this DVD-Rs are also verbatim

All of my DVD-R runs smoothly on my Playstation2, so nothing wrong with the discs in general
    All of mye DVD+R previously bruned using the same pc-burner plays without exceptions on my Samsung HT-P1200

I have sent a support issue regarding this to the norwegian support. Hope to get an answer, and I'll post it as soon as I can.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried some DVD+R yesterday with no luck. I don't even the "PLAY PROHIBITED" screen message. I only get Load... and then "Disc error", doesn't matter if its DVD-R or +R. Got some old DVD+R from FUJIFILM (the purple ones) who still runs on my Samsung HT-P1200. Going to buy a new 25pice pack of those and test 'em out.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same issue with some DVDs I burned. I never had this problem before. I went back and tried the DVDs I had buring on Fujifilm DVD-R and they work fine. The ones burned on DVD-R from Maxell give me this prohibited crap.
    Quote Quote