VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought a pack of Fujifilm DVD+R, and some work and others don't. And another thing. I haven't seen the PLAY PROHIBITED in a while, now the disc try to load, and after a while it stops and the "Disc error" message apear. And Samsung Support doesn't reply to my emails

EDIT: But the strangest thing is that sometimes my Fujifilm DVD+R disc works but if i turn on and off my Samsung, it doesn't anymore, and I have to try a couple of times to get the disc to work again. Frustrating!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there everyone again,

I've just found a partial solution for DVD-+R's and RW's!

http://rapidshare.com/files/73274325/PDADVIDS.ROM.html - here is a official firmare update for this problem of playing DVDR's and RW's. It should help, I just updated, but aint seen any better reading, but thats becouse I dont have any NON-playing DVDR's. Anyway, hope it helps You.

See You.

/Fricas
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good work Fricas! i'll have to try it out when I get home from work later today. But one more thing, from where did you get that update? Any internetsites/forums to refer me to? And you say it's a "partial solution" what do you mean by that?

Regards
    Oskar
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oskarso
    Good work Fricas! i'll have to try it out when I get home from work later today. But one more thing, from where did you get that update? Any internetsites/forums to refer me to? And you say it's a "partial solution" what do you mean by that?

Regards
    Oskar

Thanks mate. This I've found this firmware update ONLY on 'samsung.de'. I mean, I tried to check it in other countries - but there wasn't ! I just installed it into mine P1200 - and the DVD's that have been showed like "PLAY PROHIBITED" - the shit wanished and everything is being played!!! YEHOOO!!!! ) I'm so glad!!
    P.S. when I posted "partial solution" - i haven't tried out all the DVD's, that's why I wasn't sure about the firmware's reliability.

hope my answer helps.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm afraid I have tested this update allready, found it on the nowegian Samsung site. If that's the case, the "PLAY PROHIBITED" is gone allright, but it shows "Disk Error" instead But anyway Fricas, I'll thank you for your efforts!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As Fricas had mentionned this is related to the firmware. I had a bunch of Maxell DVDs that were working prior to my updating the firmware. Now they don't.

Now the question is: Does anyone know how to get previosu generation firmware from Samsung? I will contact them on Monday and see if there is an option to roll back.

In the meantime, I would appreciate any feedback. This is quite a frustrating patch. One thing is sure, I won't be upgrading the firmware ever again lol
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fricas
    Hello Everyone,

First of all, I'd like to appologize if there was already that question (I've searched, but nothing found relating this).

My problem description:

I've just bought my Home theater system (I'm in Lithuania, Vilnius) HT-P1200, everything seems ok, sound is superb, video quality via HDMI to DVI-I is ok too.
    I've tryed many DVDs, DivX'ses and WMAs - everything was played good, exept burned copys of some concerts. I've downloaded them from internet as ".ISO" DVD-(+)R's and burned with NERO onto the Disks, some of them, in example Robbie Williams Live @ Knebworth, of others where played without any problems, but others - like Madonna, Queen and etc - was written: PLAY PROHIBITED, PLEASE CHECK THE DISK.

I've hacked the multiregion code, but aint worked with that.
    The DVD-R or DVD+R is not a problem also, those all concerts where burned onto the same DVDR's. And, more, they are playing well on other Home theater cinemas by my friends...

Is there any unnoficial firmware or anything else?

Please help, in case not - I will give ir back with the money back guaranty...

Thank you and best regards from Lithuania.

Fricas

AT THIS TIME U FIX THE PROBLEM????

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.. BUT I DONT THINK IS THE MEDIA.. I THINK SAMSUNG PUT A DVD PROTECTION ON THE HOME THEATHER,, I READ THIS IN A MANUAL..

Copy Protection

• Many DVD discs are encoded with copy protection. Because of this, you should only connect your DVD
    player directly to your TV, not to a VCR. Connecting to a VCR results in a distorted
    picture from copy-protected DVD discs.
    • This product incorporates copyright protection technology that is protected by methods claims of certain U.S.
    patents and other intellectual property rights owned by Macrovision Corporation and other rights owners.
    Use of this copyright protection technology must be authorized by Macrovision Corporation, and is intended
    for home and other limited viewing uses only unless otherwise authorized by Macrovision Corporation.
    Reverse engineering or disassembly is prohibited.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sas_421
    As Fricas had mentionned this is related to the firmware. I had a bunch of Maxell DVDs that were working prior to my updating the firmware. Now they don't.

Now the question is: Does anyone know how to get previosu generation firmware from Samsung? I will contact them on Monday and see if there is an option to roll back.

In the meantime, I would appreciate any feedback. This is quite a frustrating patch. One thing is sure, I won't be upgrading the firmware ever again lol
    I hope you find/get the previous firmware version, if so, please make it availiable for us to download.

Kindly Regards
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OMG!

Sorry dudes, I don't wanted anything bad for You! It was official version issued by Germans, but still can be used only by European products, and You, guys, are from other continent (where other region codes are being installed by manufacturer).

Anyway, just go to samsung.com/[your country prefix] - find your product HT-P1200, and download the most used firmware - v. 1.25 - and try to install it. If it doesn't - contact your supplier/manufacturer up there.

Sorry once more. Anyway, for others to read - the firmware I have offered at last is being used by me - tried to play all the discs that haven't b4 - all are played well. It seems it works only in EUROPE.

C U.

/Fricas
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM

I know, that this has nothing to do with the media. But perhaps for somebody it has to do. Don't know why. But as I mentioned b4, there are now two ways to play your burned media on HT-P1200:

1. By using Nero Recode;
    2. By using the latest firmware and forget the sh*t about Recoding. Just burn as usual.

C U

/Fricas
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm in Norway (EUROPE) Fricas, and I installed the latest firmware found at the Norwegian page, but it didn't do the trick I'm afraid. So if there are any previously firmware verion out there, it wouldn't hurt to try em
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm in Norway (EUROPE) Fricas, and I installed the latest firmware found at the Norwegian page, but it didn't do the trick I'm afraid. So if there are any previously firmware verion out there, it wouldn't hurt to try em

In your samsung.com/no is the previously issued firmware - 1.25, so roll back into this one. http://www.samsung.com/no/support/productsupport/download/Model_Select2.aspx?type=Home...etheatre%2Esec

Try this link, if it aint work, than just go there by clickin' on links from the start.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fricas

In your samsung.com/no is the previously issued firmware - 1.25, so roll back into this one. http://www.samsung.com/no/support/productsupport/download/Model_Select2.aspx?type=Home...etheatre%2Esec

Try this link, if it aint work, than just go there by clickin' on links from the start.
    According to the version numbers, this is the same firmware as you published as a link earlier. I've tired both, and there aren't any differents
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to the version numbers, this is the same firmware as you published as a link earlier. I've tired both, and there aren't any differents

No, it doesn't. You have something misunderstood.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm... ok, but I have tried both, and I cant notice any differents between them. I still have the same problems related to burned DVDs
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm... ok, but I have tried both, and I cant notice any differents between them. I still have the same problems related to burned DVDs
    GHm... I C... Anyway, I see a difference in that - mine product is HT-P1200, and Yours, stated out in norvegian samsung site is HT-P1200R! Maybe there's the difference?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mmm I thought this was a post for the HT-TQ85. I just spent 3 hours on the phone with Samsung to get an older version of the firmware. And they have a bs story about not being able to roll back. So they won't give the old firmware. Does anyone have access to a firmware for this HT-TQ85?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mmm I thought this was a post for the HT-TQ85.

LOL OMG Are You blind or high? Don't U C topic, or, moreover first posts? ...

I donno where to find u a old firmware, couse I donno what # it was.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well any version that you have would be good. I want to try and downgrade the unit.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well any version that you have would be good. I want to try and downgrade the unit.
    Mine is running without any problem with the firmware posted below. Cant help ya with rollin back to older versions...
    Quote Quote