VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried MPlayer, Media player classic, VLC, but all of them seem to have the same blue/red swapped output to the overlay. This leads me to the conclusion that it's not a player problem, but decoder one (correct me if I'm wrong).
    I have the newest CCCP codec pack installed. Just need to know what option in ffdshow has to be clicked on or off to fix such an issue.

Thanx in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    codec packs are evil and often lead to much troubleshooting of video display issues.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It only does it on MKV files? Does it happen with any and all MKV files, even ones you create?

mplayer and VLC use their own internal codecs, so if something doesn't play right with them, there may be a problem with the files. Or, it could be an overlay/video card driver/acceleration issue - but if it only happens with MKVs...
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With AVIs everything is fine. Just MKVs make this problem. And this particular file is h.264, whatever this means. Hope this helps further...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is usually best to just download and install the latest codec. Don't rely on the codec pack.

When in doubt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bjohnev
    With AVIs everything is fine. Just MKVs make this problem. And this particular file is h.264, whatever this means. Hope this helps further...
    Have you tried creating any MKVs from a source you know is good (from, say, an AVI that plays with no problems), and see if those play correctly? The fact that VLC and mplayer seem to be having the same problem as the system is what's puzzling me... it could be an overlay/video card problem, I suppose, but then the problem would manifest elsewhere as well, not just with MKV videos.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote