VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've attached a sample file of about 1-2 minutes that contains some scratchiness. It was caused by a microphone resting on my sweater with the recorder dangling from my neck. Is there some way to remove the scratchiness? It's quite bassy, and I think I can fix that, but the bass is fair game in any case. There's a large burst of noise at 50 sec, but those I do not mind. It's the continual scratchiness throughout the 80 minutes of similar recorded material that's annoying.

evoltalksample%20.mp3
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good luck. Cut highs and lows as per spectrum.

Try a multiband limiter, like the free Buzzrizer Light to bring out the vocal

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Where'd the nifty tool come from? I sometimes play with spectral analysis in a completely different context than audio, but am not that up to speed currently on any of it. However, this is worthy of some time just to see what can be done with the tool you mentioned. Is the Trifex image what you used or is it Buzznizer? Is that the spectrum of my sample file? I can't read it too well, but it certainly is intriguing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.trifex.de/buzzrizerlight.html

VST plugin, so Soundforge will support it.

Multiband limiters like this one will make certain frequencies louder or quieter than others, depending on your settings.

BTW, you'll want to resample your audio from 11Khz to 22.5khz mono for any effects plugins to function effectively.

No promises any of this stuff will work on your source, however. You should call it success if you can make out what the lecturer is saying.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm pretty new to this stuff, so by resample you mean go to Process and Resample to 22,050* using the anti-alias preset? The file originally started at 32Kbps, and I brought it down to 16Kbps to decrease the size. I guess I'll got back to 32K, resample, filter 3D, then return to 16K to send it to the people I want to hear it.

* or were you thinking anywhere in the range you gave?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded and installed BuzzRizer. Is it on a menu?

SF 8.0b shows in help:
    From the View menu, choose Plug-In Manager to open or close the Plug-In Manager.

I don't see the Mgr.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dunno, my friend. I don't use SoundForge, although many people here do. Check help file and search on VST plugins.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Found BuzzRizer in Options->Preference then VST tab. I did an Apply, which apparently creates a link to the plug-in. Looked under Effect, but nothing. Don't see chaining. Maybe this all requires a full version, whatever that might be? How would I know? Well, I'll be back to this tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I've not BuzzRizer activated in SF Audio Studio 8, but I don't see a way to activate the 3D feature whose results were posted above. Was there a guide with the plug-in on how to interpret and use the plug-in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, so much for this tool. I happened to look in Help->Contents-Spectral Analysis. It shows that BR will not perfomr this operation in my (not full) version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I pursued this topic back in 2007. I'm curious if there is actually a FAQ or document describing the use of Buzzrizer? Google did not reveal any.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BuzzRizer explains itself as it goers along. Add it through the Plugin Chainer, make sure it is in manual mode (click the 'i' in the big logo), and every option will be explained in the main screen as you movie it with the mouse.

FWIW, I worked this out within 30 seconds of opening BuzzRizer for the first time (which was just now).
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good. Thanks. Pat yourself on the back. VBG
    Quote Quote