VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I am trying to develop a software that includes watching tv (no tv capture just plain watching tv or any other feed that comes from the tv card). I am developing the software in asp.net and it is going to run on a pc with win xp. The problem is that the picture I am receiving is very poor in comparison to the picture I receive with the software that comes with the tv card but I cant integrate the tv cards software I need to use my own. I have tried using several libraries for video display, including OpenCV, Viscom Video Capture ActiveX and a .NET library. But the picture quality is till poor. I need HELP!!!! Does anybody have a suggestion? What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance…
    Michel "Not4sale"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know a thing about your software but I've played with this in VB6 accessing either vfw or wmd video drivers. In either case 2 pins or modes are exposed to view the video. One for capture and the other is a preview pin or mode. You are more interested in the preview mode (pin) and you control the size of the Preview display image up to the cards maximum capabilty. I think my bt878 based cards support up to 720 x 480 in the Preview mode display. If you display that fullscreen that still looks pretty good even stretched to 1280 x 1024 ( my screen dimensions). The default preview setting of the card driver may be as low as 80 x 60 so imagine stretching that to fullscreen. I've tried it and you end up with pixelated image blocks. You need to tell the driver the preview resolution you want. Choose the size that matches your preview window and if you plan to go fullscreen then go with the max of the card before you issue a fullscreen request or you will just stretch the smaller image.
    Quote Quote