VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Need to know if there is a way to specify a network drive to capture to. Or if there is a utility that will allow you to spoof a network drive as a local drive in Win98.

Reason for this: I have an old hard drive, and its slow, and full. I have a 100Mbps network connection to my server, and there is tonns of drive space left.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    THere is a major difference between a 100 Mbps and 100 MB/s. Typically the drive required for a good video capture system is a drive that runs at 100 MB/s That's a hundred mega "bytes" per second. A 100 Mbps network connection is not enough because it runs at 100 Mbps or 100 mega "bits" per second. That's a big difference and not enough for what you want to do. I suggest you buy a bigger faster hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ahh sorry, got my letters mixed up. Anyway, this is a really old system and not worth it to upgrade the hard drive.

I think I might just install the AIW Pro into my good system and see if I can get everything working without causing problems with my games and so on....

Good system specs:
    T-Bird 1.1Ghz
    MSI Mobu
    256mb PC-2100 RAM
    40Gb ATA100 IBM Hdd

Thanks!
    Quote Quote