VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i've downloaded a few videos from savetube, but my computer wont play them, any idea what it would have been saved as, and how i can get a player that will play them, or convert them so i can burn them to dvd?
    grateful for any help i can get
    thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    flv files? Then try google for "flv player", like http://www.wimpyplayer.com/products/wimpy_standalone_flv_player.html or play with VLC Media Player. To convert to DVD use ConvertXtoDVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is the extension of the files?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    whats the extension?
    sorry, am a computer idiot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to a Google search....savetube saves vids from YouTube...which should have .FLV at the end of the file name....if they do not have .FLV at the end...put it there by right clicking on the file and renaming it.
    Then get a free .FLV file player like Riva FLV Player.
    The videos on YouTube are VERY VERY low quality and will NOT look good if you do manage to find a way to convert them to DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The file extension is the last three letters after the dot on the filename. You will have files called myfile.avi, or myfile.flv, etc.

However, your computer may just show them as myfile. If this is the case your computer is still set in TellyTubbies mode. To show the file extensions open My Computer, click on Tools, Folder Options and click the View tab. Part way down you will see "Hide extensions for known file types" which will have a tick next to it. Remove the tick and the file extensions will then be displayed.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to get some vids using savetube but after watching the tutorial and pasting the link, there is no GO button. There is a get video button tho and i push it and nothing happens. Any ideas?

OK, now a day later, the go button is there but will do nothing when i click it.
    Last edited by mac71671; 19th Apr 2010 at 21:29.
    Quote Quote