VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm running Win XP pro on an ASUS motherboard with 512Mb PC2100, processor is Athlon 1600+.

I having real problems with the Radeon card when I select "best quality" using the mmc and then capture the results are poor. The sound gets distorted and dropped at times. Weird, in other lower quality modes the sound is fine. Problem is, I need to be capturing at the highest resolution though.

Also strange is that I downloaded MMC 7.2 and installed this yet when I click on the launchpad "about" it reveals that it is 7.1, same with the TV viewing application, on opening it up it says "7.1".

I've taken advice from "how to" section on VCDhelp which is great but nothing is making life easy. I've used Vitualdub to capture but at DVD quality I'm getting far too many dropped frames.

Anyone got any ideas? Much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    Try MMC 7.5 it fixes alot of problems on windows XP
    Quote Quote  
  3. Have you installed the via pci latency patch ?
    You can also try making a custom preset using 22kHz instead of 44.1kHz.
    Quote Quote  
  4. take a look at no more frame drops topics
    Quote Quote  
  5. I had the same problem. According to ati support, the problem is not in the capture but in the DVD player. They suggested using a third - party dvd player for any meg2 captures. I'm using WinDvd and it's working without any problems. I'm also using MMC 7.5
    Quote Quote