VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a video that's close to two hours and I'm trying to get the best bitrate without going over. My question is regarding using a bitrate calculator and determining how many MB to allocate for the "other files" which in this case would be the menus. I navigated into the menus folder for the project and there are two PDF files totaling about 16mb

When the DVD is final, if I don't have any motion menu action going on, what is the outcome of those PDFs, I know they can't stay as PDFs for a menu on a DVD..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are they going to become ? Are they just single pages as a menu layout, or several pages that will be a slide show? Will you be keeping the original pdfs on the disc ? Still image menus generally take up little space, so putting aside 20 MB or so will cover quite a few pages.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I made a mistake.. I meant to say PSD files, Encore uses PSD files as the menus. And yes, there's just two menus for the whole DVD, no slide shows or anything. But don't the PSDs have to be converted to MPEG2 somehow for the menu on the DVD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They will, but stills take up very little space once they are flattened, resized and encoded.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay so for the two still menus totaling 16mb as PSDs, how much will they take up on the final DVD? Would they just be one frame MPEG2 videos?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anyone know?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Probably less than 2 MB, but are you so pressed for space you can't spare a few more ? Standard allowance on most bitrate calculators for basic menus is 20 MB

Ignore the PSD sizes as they are pretty much uncompressed
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay got it. I'm not super pressed for space but I just wanted to use the max bitrate which looks like it's going to be about 5300 something
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello, for some reason when I put a clip 720X567 AVI file, it contracts in a smaller frame in the timeline of the software. Why? And when I put the same clip in a separate button its staed the desired size. Does anyone know why it does this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by donnaglait View Post
    Hello, for some reason when I put a clip 720X567 AVI file, it contracts in a smaller frame in the timeline of the software. Why? And when I put the same clip in a separate button its staed the desired size. Does anyone know why it does this?
    And this is in Encore?
    There are no problems - only chances to excel.
    -- Unknown
    Quote Quote