VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My vx2100 has started showing red lines when recording. It's not a full time thing so I'm really confused as to what is causing it. It looks sort of like an exposure thing or red flares on the video. I've attached a link to some video I put online. I've already had this thing serviced once, I really don't want to pay to have it serviced again. Any tips would be appreciated.

http://living-end.net/redflare.wmv
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    seems to be an off again on again problem. since that last post it had worked great until today. i went to shoot outdoors today and immediately got red streaks down the image. i brought it back inside and let it sit and it's still red.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BlurBang
    seems to be an off again on again problem. since that last post it had worked great until today. i went to shoot outdoors today and immediately got red streaks down the image. i brought it back inside and let it sit and it's still red.
    Does this happen even without recording to tape? That is in the viewfinder or video out?

It looks like a camera malfunction like a loose wire or connector. Or the processor is lost.

One thing to try is disconnect the CMOS and regular battery and let the thing discharge.Then reinsert the CMOS "settings" battery and let the processor reboot.

As for things coming loose, this shows all the stuff inside a similar VX-2000. Good Luck.
    http://www.camcorderservice.nl/indexvx2000.htm
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have no solution to your problem, but looks like the blue CCD is failing. Or it's wobbling outta place......
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it appears on the viewfinder even if i'm recording or not. if i do not put a tape in, it still looks red. and yes, it is recording it that way because i can play the tape back on another camera and i see the red on the tape.

i would agree that it looks like the blue is failing, except for the fact that it appears more like an exposure thing. it's always the white and brighter parts that appear red. other colors appear relatively normal, or not AS red as the white areas do.

i'm guessing i have to send it back to sony...for the second time since i purchased it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BlurBang
    it appears on the viewfinder even if i'm recording or not. if i do not put a tape in, it still looks red. and yes, it is recording it that way because i can play the tape back on another camera and i see the red on the tape.

i would agree that it looks like the blue is failing, except for the fact that it appears more like an exposure thing. it's always the white and brighter parts that appear red. other colors appear relatively normal, or not AS red as the white areas do.

i'm guessing i have to send it back to sony...for the second time since i purchased it.
    I'm still thinking loose connection because your file shows good video then flickery red (absence of blue). If this is out of warranty, I'd try disassembly and fiddle all the internal connections. Sony service may have caused the problem with improper reassembly last time. You could work that angle for a free repair.

The solution to a similar Sony Digital8 intermittant problem is to drop the camera 1 foot to the floor (not on the lens) to reset a moisture sensor.
    Quote Quote