VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for a DVD+R (sorry old dvd burner won't do DVD-R) that has the glossier feel.
    I bought some Memorex printables that have an outer printable surface then a clear ring, then a small printable circle then another clear plastic ring. Of course you can't print on the plastic part.
    I really like the color print on these Memorexs but it doesn't print on the hub.
    I bought some Memorex that would print on the hub some time ago but they are the matte type finish. I just bought some Taiyo Yuden with a printable hub when they came they too were a matte type finish.

Does anybody know where I can find these.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim sells 16x DVD media that is glossy hub printable. Micro Center sells them instore, and they can be ordered online pretty much anywhere.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the response
    Have looked at those before but unfortantely I think I can only buy them 20 at a time in cases which is costing a buch a piece. Was hoping to buy in a spindle.
    Any other options???

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim also makes 16x DVD-R glossy printables in 50 disc spindles (reorder #95241), but they aren't hub printable unfortunately.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And I can't burn DVD-R
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It may be more sensible to buy a new burner. They're very cheap, about $35 for bulk drives.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had asked this question a while back.
    I did indeed buy a new dvd burner that will do both +r/-r
    Does anyone know of a glossy DVD media this time either +r or -r that is hub printable?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Taiyo-Yuden CD-Rs, DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs come in glossy, hub printable configurations. I've been using them for about one year with a Canon iP6700D printer and the results are simply beautiful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TY Watershield is the glossiest by far. They dry very quickly, resist smearing, etc.

Except for the purple dye: You'll have a hard time distinguishing it from a pressed disc.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    After reading about it here in the Media forum, I recently purchased some Taiyo Yuden Watershield DVD-R discs (Watershield is only available for DVD-R discs). They are just outstanding. I really cannot praise the look of the labels on these discs enough. They look professional. They are also hub printable.

TY Watershield DVD-R are available from places like
    http://www.rima.com
    http://www.supermediastore.com
    and others.
    Quote Quote