VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a 7 GB mpeg2 file, with good quality sound (Dolby 5.1, I think). When I use VisionExpress in Nero 6 (the very latest update) to reduce the video quality to 'standard' and burn a DVD, I get acceptable video, but the audio volume is very very low, when playing on either a PC or a DVD player.

I've tried twice, but cannot see anyplace to make an adjustment to audio before burning.

Am I missing something? What would cause the audio to almost drop out? (I've searched, but haven't found a thread dealing with this specific problem.)

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=317891

I see the download links aren't valid. I'll re-upload the script in the next couple of minutes.

Edit -

If the Nero bug fix doesn't fix it, try the AC3gain script

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/hOM7tPH227388/AC3GAIN.zip.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. There's a bug in NVE where the volume defaults to 33% instead of 100%,in the timeline you need to double-click on the video clip to adjust.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, Soopafresh, for your quick reply. But, gosh, this seems like quite a process to have to go through when I already have a good MPEG2 file with good audio, and just wish to get it to disc!

Does your reply (ie, see link...) imply that there is *nothing* that can be tweaked in Nero to get the job done right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you see Moviegeek's reply ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks, MovieGeek, I just saw your reply.

I'll try that immediately (and also press Nero to fix the bug!).

Do you know if the bug is only in Nero 6, or is it in the Nero 7 Suite as well?
    Quote Quote  
  7. MovieGeek...

You are a NeroAngel, as well! Bug dealt with; volume at 100%; burn underway!

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by fastartcee
    MovieGeek...

You are a NeroAngel, as well! Bug dealt with; volume at 100%; burn underway!

Thanks.
    No problem,I've read that this bug is also in NVE 4 that comes with Nero 7.
    Quote Quote