+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks dude!

OK, 2 findings:

First, the audio n video of the 2 VDM files worked (WOOHOO!!!!!). However, lotsa pixellations and colored blocks, stuttering audio. The 2 Mediacoder files weren't recognised.

Second, I tried SUPER V2007 with these settings:
    1.AVI
    2.DIVX
    3.WAV(PCM 16-little endian)
    4.FFmpeg

encoded as .avi, then converted with vidtoasf.
    When building the asf, this error msg came up "The ASFChop ocx has not been registered." Despite the msg, an asf was created.

Playback of the resultant asf (on pvp) is similar to your VDM ones, can play, but lotsa colourful artifacts.

we r getting somewhere, sweet~
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    I have the same problem as you.
    I tried using BlazeVideoMagic V1.0 (not 2.0) but I used "ISO MPEG-4 V1" codec. My PMP encodes video recordings with this codec.
    The files I converted work with really few pixellations (I don't know how but it depends on settings like keyframes, quality).
    The playback is "acceptable" but can't read subtitles because of pixellations.

I tried using VDM, but I couldn't convert any files (wrong version?)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FINALLY! Arcsoft MediaConverter 2 is the one! Previously found that an asf file from MediaConverter will have playable video, but buzzing audio. Today, after murking around inside the program's folder, I found that I could change the profile settings of the program.

And as it turns out, my MP4 player can't play asf files with a 44.1kHz audio sample rate. Unfortunately, that particular option was greyed-out when u select the asf format in MediaConverter.

So for those like me, you'll need to look for C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\MediaConverter 2\Profiles\AMC Common.apr (if u installed the program in the default directory). Open the file in Notepad and look for the section below:

[MPEG4-ASF]
    FileExtName=ASF
    SaveMode=261
    VideoBitrate=96Kbps(96),128Kbps(128),192Kbps(192), 256Kbps(256),512Kbps(512),1.0M(1024)
    DefaultVideoBitrate=1024
    AudioBitrate=96Kbps(96),128Kbps(128)
    DefaultAudioBitrate=128
    AudioSmplrate=44.1kHz(44100)
    DefaultAudioSmplrate=44100
    Fps=15.00,20.00,24.00,25.00
    DefaultFps=25.00
    Resolutions=320x240,352x288
    DefaultResolution=352x288

You'll have to change the AudioSmplrate and DefaultAudioSmplrate rows to as below:

AudioSmplrate=44.1kHz(44100),48kHz(48000)
    DefaultAudioSmplrate=48000

and viola! It works now!

THE GOOD:
    1. Batch-encoding!
    2. Direct rmvb - asf file conversion!

THE BAD:
    1. Video encoder quality not as gd as Sunplus, more pixellations
    2. Larger filesizes (eg. a 102mb rmvb file turned into a 204mb monster)
    3. Audio Bit Rate can't be changed. Although there're two settings (96Kbps and 128Kbps) shown, if u check the generated asf file, it's always 192Kbps whichever setting you used. And changing the settings in AMC Common.apr din work either.

Maybe more poking around will reveal more settings we can tweak, but for now I'm content. Big THANKS to Placio74 for taking time to generate those video files!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently audio bit rate cannot be changed when encoding to asf format in MediaConverter 2:

http://arcsoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/arcsoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=585&p_...i=&p_topview=1
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another setting tat's tweakable is the VideoBitrate row. The default 1.0M(1024) video quality still isn't very good, so I tried pumping it up to 1.5M(1536) and turns out that it oni adds 3-4mb more to the file, which is a pretty good tradeoff.

Settings tat were changed:
    VideoBitrate=96Kbps(96),128Kbps(128),192Kbps(192), 256Kbps(256),512Kbps(512),1.0M(1024),1.5M(1536)
    DefaultVideoBitrate=1536

Hope this helps someone....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    daruso: couldn't find BlazeVideoMagic V1.0 to try out, anywhere i could grab hold of a copy?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by whazzup
    daruso: couldn't find BlazeVideoMagic V1.0 to try out, anywhere i could grab hold of a copy?
    Try with emule, but if you want I can upload the package.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i`ve also got an pmp(noname and no software included) that plays .asf files but i cannot duplicate the settings necessary to convert vid files to the right .asf
    here is some data about the default video file in the player (open files with a web browser).
    if necessary i can upload a recorded file with the camera of the player.
    PLEASE HELP me!

desktop.rar
    Quote Quote