VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a link to the demo.avi file that originally came on the mp4 player, i lost my copy and if i could get a copy of the file, i could use GSpot on it and then figure out its attributes and copy other files in its image
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi bolt , yes i have original file , i also tried to idetify it all i get is avi file i cannot any further detail maybe you can with your software , the file is the squirrel from ice age , when i get time i will send you the file and try to post the software on cd AVI CONVERTER 2.0 , ALSO SEEPHOTO IT MIGHT HELP YOU SEARCH ON GOOGLE

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah i have GSpot which will identify the Video and Audio Codecs My Email is u.fail@hotmail.com if the file is small enough to send as an email attachment. Funnily enough i accidentally deleted all of the file that came with the mp4 player when i formatted it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi bolt , im having trouble sending file its 16 mb all my emails wont send , i'll keep trying or if you like i can post a cd with sample file and avi converter
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi bolt another idea i will split the file and send to your email in bits, i dont want to shrink or zip as it might change properties of file which is defeating idea of this , i'll do it tonight
    cheers mike
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    me again i downloaded g spot see photo of result

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bolt its a bad image look at your email
    Quote Quote  
  8. Most China-made MP4 Players use AMV because it avoids any licence issues surrounding AVI or other formats.

It's hard to generalise about the quality of playback of AMV files on the small screen of an MP4 player because there are literally thousands of different models, developers, factories, and firmware versions.

In my view, the quality of video+audio playback only becomes really important above a 2.6 inch screen when it becomes viable to watch anything in more than a postage stamp size.
    Wholesale Consumer Electronics Direct From China - http://www.chinavasion.com
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi,

I had similar issues with creating videos for my MP4 player. Now sadly I don't know how you can identify it, but I though I would provide the transcoding info, so hopefully it would work with your player anyway.

Here is how to transcode a 4:3 aspect source file to the standard 160x128 res for my player:
    Code:
    mencoder -noodml INPUT_VID.avi -of avi -o OUTPUT_VID.avi -ofps 15 -vf-add scale=160:-2,expand=160:128 $3 -srate 44100 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=400:max_bframes=0:quant_type=h263 -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=96
    I have some others and more details for converting 16:9 aspect source files. See the full details here... http://www.sprocketandlube.com/shownews/item/67

All the best!
    Quote Quote  
  10. From the amv page on wiki, amv can hold a movie in about 80MB.
    Most of the above mentioned need to convert to avi or wmv format, then to amv format.

What is best tool or tool chain to directly rip a DVD and transcode to amv ?

Note: These players with this "MP4" name is really bad. The makers claim it only mean "after MP3", the players actually only do amv. But there are many Portable players do really play MP4.
    Quote Quote