VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a VHS transfered to a DVD. To make this post short, what i need to do is re-chapter the DVD while deleting some content from it, and swipe out the soundtrack.
    It's some old 8mm home movies, so it's just music in the background that needs to be redone. So, ideally i'd love be able to just import the existing DVD's, create an MP3 playlist, and create the DVD with menus and chapters. Is there one tool out there can help me do all this? Or am i stuck editing the audio in another app? I've been trying to find for a few days now, and i am stuck

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tmpgenc DVD Author should be able to do all of this, however you would have to work out exactly where your cuts would be, and how long the new audio track is to you can create it and import it separately, or you can make the cuts, save the project and author, then demux the audio from the resulting DVD, edit and change it, then open the original project and replace the old audio with the new.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, that's what i was hoping to avoid. figuring out where the cuts would have to be is much more work then just doing the whole video in the extranal

*sight* back to searching....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your problem is you have two separate jobs, and you want one tool to do them both. You should ideally do your editing and changes to the audio in an editing package, then author in an authoring package.

Simplest method : VOB2MPG to extract your video from the current DVD, Womble Mpeg Wizard to add the audio and make the cuts, which will also stop you having to re-encode all the video, then re-author in TDA to create new menus and add chapters.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you very much, this is what i was looking for
    while it would be nice to just have one tool, i guess i am asking too much.

I am half way done getting the video though MEG Wizard. The app is pretty nice, despite having a terrible interface.
    Quote Quote