VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well I'm looking for a DVD recorder to replace a Pioneer 531h that has better image quality via component in and has component and HDMI out. +R and -R recording and playback

Optional wants:

Optical audio in
    Ultra Divx certified playback
    wmv playback
    really big drive
    True +R DL recording
    Region free
    Play PAL as NTSC

As some may have guessed my Tax refund is due back in the very near future so it's either get a Upgraded DVD recorder or reduce Student loan/credit card balances. Toys more or less win.

So bottom line if anybody has such a recorder and would like to comment it would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, no such beast exists. Hollywood is sure to keep component in out of recorders for a very long time. Copy protection, y'know.

(woah, I just discovered I'm a bit behind the times, and a few units do indeed. Unfortunately, it sounds like they're mostly lower-end units which may not really be an upgrade for you.) This may be of help:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=775235&highlight=component+in
    Quote Quote  
  3. The only HDD recorder with component inputs sold in North America is/was the Polaroid 2001G.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just did the region hack on my D prefix Polaroid DRM-2001G, Put in a region 2 PAL disc and it outputs perfect NTSC. Tried to copy to the HDD on my RCA DRC8030N but was stopped by CP. This Polaroid is even better than I thought. REGION HACK is _ON_SETUP_9_8_7_ADD/CLEAR_0_ Region is set to 0! There's 2 more from your list.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try the Yamaha it has component in & out HD(japan) there are a few around. I didn't care for it because its a DVD+, I prefer DVD-
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Great input, Thanks. Now to wait for the refund to show up in my daily balance emails from the bank.

Cheers
    Quote Quote