VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Most of the time when I dl movies in two parts, I joint them with “easy video joiner” and than burn dvd, with Nero or Ulead movie factory.

But some time, Nero and Ulead wouldn’t able do burn, as they held that data is huge to burn on the dvd. But its only 1.7 gb, and dvd is 4.35 gb.

How is this possible, where some movies easily burn and other are not?
    Looking for help from you.
    bobybell
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You obviously have no understanding of what happens when you create a DVD out of your downloaded AVIs.
    If you want to improve in that respect, head over to the CONVERT section left, and start reading the guides found under AVI to DVD. Then you'll begin to understand what really goes on behind Neros/Uleads curtains.
    If not, buy convertx2dvd which does as good job as possible, convertíng almost anything thrown at it to Video DVD. Or buy a DVD player that supports DivX/XviD AVI playback, and just burn the AVIs as data to CD-R/DVD-R. The cost is about the same, but the latter solution is much simpler.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nero and Ulead movie factory are converting to dvd video and dvd is another video format than avi divx/xvid and it requires bigger file size for equal quality.

But don't join, it can cause sync problems. Just add both clips in ConvertXtoDVD and convert to one DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe you should convert it to a dvd format folder first, then it is easy to burn
    Quote Quote