VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to capture directly to DivX (low motion) from TV but whatever settings I use it's always too big. I want it to be no bigger than 1 meg/min but the best I can do is 17megs/min. I'm using Vdub with a framerate of 29.97, audio 44k/16/s, DivX low motion codec, 320x240 YUY2. Here's a pic of vdub after 1 minute of recording.

www.geocities.com/divx_edu/tvcap1.jpg

Oh yea, I've also noticed if I try to capture at anything other than 19.98, 29.97, 59.94 I lose frames like crazy. So if I try to capture at 20 fps I lose frames but not at 59.94. Why is that?

Thanks,
    Mike Shaffer

--------------------------------------
    AMD ATHLON XP 1700+ CPU
    ABIT KR7A-R MOTHERBOARD
    512MB PC2100 RAM
    SONY 21" TRINITRON CPD-G520 MONITOR
    ATI ALL IN WONDER RADEON 8500DV 64MB NTSC
    ENERMAX FS-710BB 330W FULL TOWER CASE
    SONY SPRESSA 16X/10X/40X EIDE INTERNAL CDRW
    CREATIVE LABS SOUNDBLASTER LIVE! PLATINUM PCI 5.1
    SONY 16X DVD INTERNAL EIDE DRIVE
    IBM 60GB 7200RPM HARD DRIVE
    KLIPSCH PROMEDIA 5.1 (500W) SPEAKERS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Copy and paste the url to a new browser window or it won't work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. for starters you need to compress the audio which will cut the size of your file in half

i'm no expert but 1 meg a minute aint ever going to give you good quality with divx. i've downloaded some decent stuff at about 2mb/min but its still not great looking

as for the dropped frames at different frame rates being reported, i think that is some kind of compensation for audio/video sync, you may not actually be dropping those frames. search the forum there is a good explanation there somewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  4. buddy, you have a great pc setup with ample HD space. why not try capturing MJPEG then compresing to divx and mp3 after? try SBC for best results in small AVI file sizes...
    later bater. deltaboy
    Quote Quote