VideoHelp Forum


Try DVDFab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

    I ripped a DVD today with AutoGK and DVD Decrypter using this guide: http://www.rita.lt/guides/AutoGK_DVDtoAVI.htm.

    The original DVD contained 2 angles: Angle 1 was English credits and Angle 2 = Japanese credits. It contained Japanese audio and English audio. I chose to rip Angle 2, and wanted the result to have Japanese audio and English subtitles. The video is perfect - my English subtitles encoded in perfectly - they matched the mouth movements exactly.

    But, the audio is consistently out of sync with the video by about 5 seconds throughout the movie. I followed the directions, word for word. Does anyone know what I did wrong, or how I can get the AV in sync? Thank you so much, I hope someone can help me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

    Rita's guide is excellent. But she's not all that clear on how to decrypt using DVDDecrypter. You should be using it in IFO Mode (Mode->IFO, at the top), and getting only the movie with the angle you want. Maybe you did that. For newer movies (with newer protections), sometimes RipIt4Me in Movie Mode is the way to go. Otherwise, assuming you have the latest AutoGK installed, I'm not sure why the audio wound up out of synch. It's easy to fix, though.

    Open the AVI in Media Player Classic. Right-click the screen and go Options->Filter->Audio Switcher->check the "audio time shift" box, and fill in an estimate of the amount of asynch. Hit "Apply" and test it out. Negative values are to make the audio play earlier. 1000 ms= 1 second. Resume playback. Adjust until you get it right. At that point you'll know how much the audio is out of synch and how much to set the delay in VDubMod. Then open the AVI in VDubMod, set the Video for Direct Stream Copy, go Streams->Stream List->Right-click the audio->Interleaving->Audio Skew Correction, and set the same delay as you found using MPC. OK your way out of there, go File->Save As, give it a new name, wait a minute or 2, and test it out.

    When all done, either uncheck the box or set the audio time shift back to 0 in MPC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono

    Open the AVI in Media Player Classic. Right-click the screen and go Options->Filter->Audio Switcher->check the "audio time shift" box, and fill in an estimate of the amount of asynch. Hit "Apply" and test it out. Negative values are to make the audio play earlier. 1000 ms= 1 second. Resume playback. Adjust until you get it right. At that point you'll know how much the audio is out of synch and how much to set the delay in VDubMod. Then open the AVI in VDubMod, set the Video for Direct Stream Copy, go Streams->Stream List->Right-click the audio->Interleaving->Audio Skew Correction, and set the same delay as you found using MPC. OK your way out of there, go File->Save As, give it a new name, wait a minute or 2, and test it out.
    When all done, either uncheck the box or set the audio time shift back to 0 in MPC.
    Have the same problem, a question seens my english is not so skilled

    just an example value

    sound before the picture did thath mean? (MINUS!) - 4000 (4 pre seconds)

    sound after the picture just(PLUS!) 4000? (4 re seconds)

    ore whas it the switched?

    now i have trying with my movie here over and over again, sound comes about 4 sec after picture, but i dont feel any changes no matter if im crawling between value +5000 ore - 5000 perhaps im death and stupid, perhapss i need to get the value over 5000?...ore less about - 7
    lol, i think this is hard :P

    im curious to see what value you got "dtel" to see if im totaly out of control
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi-

    ore whas it the switched?

    You have it switched.

    sound comes about 4 sec after picture

    Then you want to make a negative (or -4000 ms delay) to fix it. Setting a positive delay makes the audio play later in relation to the video. A negative delay makes it play earlier.

    Remember that when testing the fixed AVI, if you use Media Player Classic, you have to have turned off the delay. Otherwise that delay you set will apply to every AVI or VOB you play using that player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. im surprisied it really worked....for me

    thanks for the guidense manono
    Quote Quote  
  6. One moore question, how do i sett the sync if it is a MPG-file then?

    i have counted out the correct time-value , but the problem is if i try to complete it with VirtualDub to, i must save the output as an AVI, and i dont wanna

    how should i do?
    Quote Quote  
  7. How do you set the synch if it's an MPG? I don't mess with MPGs, but if the audio is AC3, then use DelayCut to do away with the delay. If the audio is originally a second off from the video, then in DelayCut, set the delay for 1000 ms (either + or -, depending on if the audio plays before or after the video), to either cut a second from the beginning of the audio file, or to add a second of silence to the beginning of the audio file. Then mux the video with the fixed audio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by manono
    How do you set the synch if it's an MPG? I don't mess with MPGs, but if the audio is AC3, then use DelayCut to do away with the delay
    Here comes the world oldest bump

    If its not AC3 audio, but instead MPEG 1 Layer 2

    cant i use this tools then? (if so any other tools for mpeg audio?)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Me again ,

    I don't have any MP2 audio with which to test, but I think you can use HeadAC3he for the job. Open the MP2. Set the Destination Format as Source. Set the delay you want in the Delay box. If it doesn't crash and leave you with nothing, then you can tell if it worked by comparing the filesizes before and after. A negative delay will make the output size slightly smaller; a positive delay will make it slightly larger.

    There are probably other ways as well, but I don't mess around with MP2 audio much.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Blå_Mocka
    Originally Posted by manono
    How do you set the synch if it's an MPG? I don't mess with MPGs, but if the audio is AC3, then use DelayCut to do away with the delay
    Here comes the world oldest bump
    Unfortunately, you are not even close to being a record here, but at least your post is related to the main topic. However, you could have just started a new thread. I'd say that 95% or more of the posts on threads more than 1 year old have nothing useful to add to the original thread. We'll get posts that say "That worked for me too. Thanks." like none of us could live without knowing that some old thread worked for you. Or they'll post something that has nothing to do with the original thread like maybe the thread was about region free codes for a Panasonic DVD player and some idiot will post to it asking for a code for a Sony DVD player.

    Originally Posted by Blå_Mocka
    If its not AC3 audio, but instead MPEG 1 Layer 2

    cant i use this tools then? (if so any other tools for mpeg audio?)
    If you demux the audio (VirtualDubMod and TMPGenc are 2 possibilities, but there are other programs as well that can demux audio) BeSweet can convert MP2 to MP3 or whatever you like. If converting to MP3, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT use VBR MP3 but use CBR MP3. You'll cause fewer problems for yourself to just use CBR (Constant Bit Rate) MP3 instead.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jman98
    Unfortunately, you are not even close to being a record here, but at least your post is related to the main topic. However, you could have just started a new thread. I'd say that 95% or more of the posts on threads more than 1 year old have nothing useful to add to the original thread. We'll get posts that say "That worked for me too. Thanks." like none of us could live without knowing that some old thread worked for you. Or they'll post something that has nothing to do with the original thread like maybe the thread was about region free codes for a Panasonic DVD player and some idiot will post to it asking for a code for a Sony DVD player.
    But im not one of thoose who see any profit to send flowers to people at wrong/right time
    and since this is related..i think its ok to do as i have done yes 8)
    and i have allready posted a new thread today, so i thaut people could be tired of another new thread

    Originally Posted by jman98
    If you demux the audio (VirtualDubMod and TMPGenc are 2 possibilities, but there are other programs as well that can demux audio) BeSweet can convert MP2 to MP3 or whatever you like. If converting to MP3, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT use VBR MP3 but use CBR MP3. You'll cause fewer problems for yourself to just use CBR (Constant Bit Rate) MP3 instead.
    So your answer is, i shall convert the mpeg layer audio to AC3 first, and then i can use Delaycut?
    if now "demux" can be related to that..with another word just?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, BeSweet can convert MP2 to AC3 if you wish, but since MP2 audio will only have 2 channels, I don't think it create anything but 2 channel AC3, which is also known as AC3 2.0.

    It is NEVER wrong here to create a new thread.

    I know nothing about Delaycut. I can't answer that question.

    Demux means that you will create a separate audio only file from the combined audio+video file (DVD) that you have.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    SOLUTION:
    I had the same problem with audio out of sync i.e audio is couple of seconds prior to the event. The autoGk version was 2.55.
    I uninstalled ag2.55 and installed agk (ver 2.45). now the audio is in sync. It works as it should be.
    Also I recommend instead of trying huge dvd files, take a part of the dvd file less than 1GB and test the above procedure and you will not regret.
    THE LATEST AUTOGK IS BUGGY. I hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    FWIW I found that the main issue with audio being out of synch when using dvd decrypter and autoGK was dvd decrypter itself, using DVDFab (with the merge option selected) to rip the dvd then DVDShrink to package it back into one vob file before using autoGK cured all my audio sync issues
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Grave-digging for a "No Shit Sherlock" moment.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Search Comp PM
    This is how I solved a similar problem... (posting because this forum has a high google search ranking)

    I scanned through a lot of posts on the web about audio sync issues but nothing that really fixed the problem when creating xvid / divx/ .mp4 files from my dvd collection to stream on my xbox360.

    For me i'd already backed up most of my dvds using dvdshrink or dvd cloner onto 4.3 GB DVDr's, and they played fine in my stand alone and software dvd players. While a fair few converted to .avi easily (either using autoGK, or WinAVI for mp4), like other users, i found the more recent ones (eg only a few years old) had strange audio sync issues.

    In a few cases i found, that having multiple titles on the discs confused autoGK (i read somewhere that this is a known issue...typically the audio will start ~1-2 minutes before the movie), so re-ripping the disc to only have 1 title did the trick and the coverted avi played fine. (dvd shrink 3.2 or dvd fab will fix this easily). On DVD Shrink, select to reauthor the disk and select the main title only.

    With those issues out of the way i hit the next block, audio sync out by different times at different spots in the movie! It sounds like this is related to the various newer copy protections inserted into the dvd (from what i've read), i'm not sure but the dvdr will play fine BUT an avi converted from it will be out of sync.

    I tried changing frame rates of teh avi (using tools like frateadj100), tried re-ripping dvd with RipIT4ME (even the DVDshrink method above), tried cleaning up the VOBs on the DVDr using tools like FixVTS but same issues each time.

    The trick for me was to use VOB2MG (https://www.videohelp.com/tools/VOB2MPG) from the DVDr using the IFO_MODE which it defaults to on version 3.0, then using the .mpeg (no quality loss btw) in AutoGK or your converter of choice.

    Subtitles might be an issue (eg AutoGK doesn't see them in the mpeg files but other converters do).

    hopefully this helps
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Hi-

    Rita's guide is excellent. But she's not all that clear on how to decrypt using DVDDecrypter. You should be using it in IFO Mode (Mode->IFO, at the top), and getting only the movie with the angle you want. Maybe you did that. For newer movies (with newer protections), sometimes RipIt4Me in Movie Mode is the way to go. Otherwise, assuming you have the latest AutoGK installed, I'm not sure why the audio wound up out of synch. It's easy to fix, though.

    Open the AVI in Media Player Classic. Right-click the screen and go Options->Filter->Audio Switcher->check the "audio time shift" box, and fill in an estimate of the amount of asynch. Hit "Apply" and test it out. Negative values are to make the audio play earlier. 1000 ms= 1 second. Resume playback. Adjust until you get it right. At that point you'll know how much the audio is out of synch and how much to set the delay in VDubMod. Then open the AVI in VDubMod, set the Video for Direct Stream Copy, go Streams->Stream List->Right-click the audio->Interleaving->Audio Skew Correction, and set the same delay as you found using MPC. OK your way out of there, go File->Save As, give it a new name, wait a minute or 2, and test it out.

    When all done, either uncheck the box or set the audio time shift back to 0 in MPC.
    Bingo !
    Many thanks for this detailed post, solved my problem with relative ease.
    Very much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    pacific
    Search Comp PM
    Manono's post of 28th Jan '07 has worked very well for me as well. The trouble I'm having is that the file sizes seem to become very large once the synching process is complete eg. one file went from about 2 gig to 71,449,380KB. I don't want to go messing about with any other settings in Virtualdub without checking with the experts (you guys).

    A quick overview of programs I'm using: usually DVD Decrypter followed by AutoGK, or DVD shrink and then AutoGK. The audio being out of synch only happens on occasion and I haven't been able to determine whether it's either or both DVD Decrypter or DVD shrink causing the problems.

    Thought I'd add for (what it's worth) that the files I'm ripping are backups for a media player - basically I've taken the final step in evolving into a human/sloth hybrid and now no longer have to get up to change a DVD disc.

    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by newbie72; 17th Apr 2010 at 18:46. Reason: Additional Info.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by newbie72 View Post
    The trouble I'm having is that the file sizes seem to become very large once the synching process is complete.
    If using VDub(Mod) make sure and set Video to Direct Stream Copy.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    pacific
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply Manono. Can you be a little more specific - where do I set Video to Direct Stream Copy? I think I'm in the right menu but want to be sure.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Here:
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads