VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Tried to use the installed Divx player last night. (I can check the version #, if it matters, but I'm pretty sure it is not all that old.) Files would play for a few seconds, then stop, interrupted by a repeated, insistent, inescapable ad for "DOWNLOAD THE NEW 6.4 DIVX PLAYER !"
    *@%!************* ! -- Get outta my face with that shit ! I just hate it when someone tries to pull crap like that, even on a freebie item. A discreet suggestion is o.k.; a full-on roadblock -- not cool !

I see no evidence of a *technical* problem re being able to play existing files, such that it would require a new version. So, is there some hack to make this behavior go away, and allow me to continue using the installed player, or do I need to uninstall this thing ? I'd be glad to just use something else instead . . . except that I was using VLC to view something recently (non-Divx), and it locked Windows up tight, requiring a hard Reset.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Never mind. I've uninstalled the Divx Player, and good riddance. That kind of behavior by an installed program is just not acceptable. I've no use at all for creating Divx content, just playing the occasional Divx video file that comes my way, and so long as there are other players that will play that content, I've got it covered.
    Quote Quote