VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have noticed with a lot of divx played on vlc even with the volume to a max and speakerso n full the video is still very quiet.

Is there any software out there to increase the volume a lot on my digital video?

All volume levels on sndvol are maxed.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you certain your speakers are connected to the right soundcard jack ?

Here's a script that'll increase the volume of your AVIs. NOTE: Your .AVI files can't have spaces in their names, otherwise the script will ignore them. You can fix this with an app like Lupas Renamer to replace spaces with - or _

Bad: This Is My File.AVI
    Good: This_Is_My_File.AVI

Instructions:

1) Download and extract
    avi_gain.rar

2) Place your AVI files to be processed in the same folder as the avi_gain apps. It should look like this:

Code:
    AVI_GAIN.BAT
    DivFix++.exe
    ffmpeg.exe
    normalize.exe
    pthreadGC2.dll
    ReadMe.txt
    Some_Divx_File.AVI
    AnotherOne.AVI
    Even-More-Divx_Files.AVI
    3) Double Click on AVI_GAIN.BAT to process. Your original files won't be touched. The new files will be called "Fixed-original-file.avi". Keep you originals for a while, until you're 100% certain the fixed ones are good and you're satisfied with the results.

Fixed-Some_Divx_File.AVI
    Fixed-AnotherOne.AVI
    Fixed-Even-More-Divx_Files.AVI

It can take a bit of time to process the files, especially if they are large. - 5-10 minutes on a 700MB file.

BTW, this script also works really well for AVI files which aren't indexed properly --aka -"can't seek through them"

See enclosed Readme.txt for locations to source files and author info, as per GPL.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have followed the instructions the problem is it doesn't seem top be a gr8 deal louder on the copy i created.

I can't notice a difference.

Is there something else i could program into the file to up the db?

Cheers for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That should have kicked it up quite a bit.... wow. Yeah, if the following one doesn't do it, then
    http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000ETK570.01-A1G29CW22J5UU0._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V...141286764_.jpg

Sure, If you want LOUD, You GOT IT ... There are TWO scripts to choose from in this version: Loud_ and SoopaLoud_ . Both are significantly louder than the script posted above.

Here you go. http://www.bestsharing.com/files/0aZqq214081/Loud_AVI_Gain.rar.html

The changes made it slightly too large for the 2MB limit for local posting.

Extract into its own directory, NOT in the same folder that the script in the first post resides. Other than that, the directions above are the same.

I wouldn't recommend this version for anyone else, it affects the dynamics too much - the same effect you hear when a commercial comes on the TV.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL!!!

cheers for that mate

Ur a legend.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow yeah that is loud!!!

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm haveing the same problem. I tried to download the second link for the louder option. I coulldn't
    get it to work.
    Quote Quote