VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know this is technically not about HD-DVD writers etc, but I see no forum on this. I want to record hi def and can't seem to find anything about DVHS VCrs that had a digital HDTV tuner in them. I have a JVC 30000 and it has no tuner in it to record HD. No component input either. Only way is via firewire and there are not many HD sources that output a firewire signal. Any ideas anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At this time the only devices I'm aware of that will record HDTV to anything other than a hard drive are the DVHS recorders and they need to be connected via Firewire to an HDTV tuner with Firewire output. Some of the HD DVR's have Firewire output such as my Comcast/Motorola DVR-3412. But I don't know about OTA or Satellite sources with Firewire.

There is an HDTV Recorders forum at avsforums.com that may have some solutions for you. The industry doesn't want to make archiving HDTV easy to do.
    Quote Quote