VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi i need to know a method by which i can return to the menu automatically. my requirement is i have a single mpeg file(say duaration is 60m) where i make a menu for selection 1 (say it starts at 04m:30s) and after playback of 120 sec (say 06m:30s) it must return to the menu from which i selected this selection. pls help me in this regard . you can also go tru the pdf file(menu authoring.pdf) i have attached to know my requirement
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi!
    The functionality you are asking about can only be done if you split your mpeg file into one file per chapter. The reason for that is that a VCD don't have real chapters like those on a DVD. Instead the VCD has entryponts.

When you do select let say number 2 (4m 30sec) in the movie, the DVD won't know when it enters the next entrypoint, it will only remeber the one you have selected. Therefore the file will play it's full 60 min before it will return to the menu.

If you instead have one mpg file for each chapter you can then use VCDEasy and tell the VCD to go back to your menu after the chapter is finished.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks znooky but it can be done without splitting the mpeg to individual chapters. some of the vcds from India are authored in such a way that there is a single mpeg file and when a selection (ex song) is selected the selection plays for a particular duration and then returns back to the menu without continuing to the rest of the movie. i need to know how itz done
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by satish
    but it can be done without splitting the mpeg to individual chapters.
    The only way to do this with one mpeg is by using a VCD authoring program that fully supports the VCD 2.0 spec. The only VCD authoring program that I have found that fully supports the VCD 2.0 spec is philips videocd toolkit.

vcd4ever.
    Quote Quote