VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I purchased a Dvico Fusion HDTV5 RT Gold tuner card in December. I have it connected to TW cable in Akron Ohio using the QAM signal for HD recording. I recorded the Ohio State BCS game (should have deleted the file but haven't yet). I recorded 5 hours for the pre game and game which took approxmiately 33.5GB. Here is what I am able to do with this .TP file.

I like to play all of my multi-media files with Media Player Classic. To find out what codec's and framerates are used when playing a file in MPC, go to FILE, PROPERTIES and DETAILS. I also use a program called GSPOT to find the codec's and framerates used in a file.

Using VideoReDo Plus I was able to automatically remove ALL commericals. The .TP file was converted to a .TS file of approximately 22.5GB for this 5 hour recording.

I could have used Avi.NET or AUTO GORDIAN KNOT to convert the .TS file to a .AVI file. Both are EXCELLENT FREE programs. A word of caution when using these programs. Uninstall any old versions of Xvid before installing this software. You may have video/audio sync problems otherwise. I also STRONGLY recommend that you read the FAQ and Tutorials on their web sites before using the software.

Avi.NET requires you to download two support packages (with multiple software installs in each package) and install them. So it is not a simple one button install like Auto Gordian Knot is.

The next conversion I did was to create an .MPG file and the DVD folder structure (VIDEO_TS) files on my HD using the FREE software HDTV2DVD. Using the 22GB .TP file as input, this software created an 11GB .MPG file and the DVD folder structure (Video_TS) which included 11 .VOB files of 1GB size. I realize that an 11GB DVD is not possible but it plays great from a hard drive!

Then I could have used the FREE software ImgTool to make an image (.ISO file) of a DVD Folder(VIDEO_TS) and also burn it. I could have used the FREE software VOB2MPG to join my 11 .VOB files together creating a single .VOB file.

I hope this gives you some ideas what you can do with the programs that you record using your Fusion card.

---------------------------------
    VideoReDo PLUS
    http://www.videoredo.com/Download.htm

VideoReDo is the perfect tool to edit your MPEG1/MPEG2 files. Whether you create digital video by capturing off-the-air programs, convert analog (VHS) tapes, HDTV, DigitalTV, DVB, TivO, ReplayTV,

DVR-MS or extract chapters from DVDs, VideoReDo makes fast work of trimming, cutting, and/or joining your MPEG compressed digital images. Repair/fix MPEG streams.

AdDetective Commercial Detection takes the pain out of finding the best places to cut advertisements from your videos. AdDetective will scan your files for likely places where advertisements start and end. You can preview and change AdDetective recommendations before editing, or let VideoReDo Plus do the job automatically.

-------------------------------
    Media Player Classic
    http://sourceforge.net/project/show...ackage_id=84358

A great all-in-one player based on the Windows Media Player 6.4. Supports most formats if you have the codecs installed like DivX, XviD, AVI, MOV, MPEG1/2, RM, TS and TP. Built-in MPEG2/SVCD/DVD codec.

SVCD/CVD switchable subtitle support.
    ------------------------------
    GSpot
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/quick_start.html

Establishes what video and audio codecs are required to play any video. Shows framerate, duration, aspect ratio, bitrates, structure info, and more. Supports AVI, MPG, VOB, DVD, VCD, SVCD, MP4, FLV, MOV, QT, RM, SWF, WMV,
    -----------------------------
    Avi.NET
    http://www.clonead.co.uk/

avi.NET will allow you to load in both MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files and convert them to an AVI file that has the correct codec options set to allow perfect playback on your standalone AVI player. No other AVI conversion program is available whose number one priority is standalone player support.

avi.NET v2.2.2.0 - released 5th January 2007 - NEW
    DVD/SVCD/VCD/MPEG1/MPEG2/HDTV to AVI Converter: Used to make AVI files (DIVX & XVID) from DVD or MPG.

avi.NET support package - released 2006
    Contains: AVISynth v2.57 RC1, VobSub v2.23, XviD v1.1.2. (needed for avi.NET to function)

VirtualDubMod package - released 2006
    Contains: VirtualDubMod v1.5.10.2, MP3 (professional) audio codec v3.3.2, AC3 audio decompressor v1.2.
    --------------------------------
    AUTO GORDIAN KNOT
    http://www.autogk.me.uk/

This site is a homepage for THE tool for DivX / XviD backup utility. With support of DVDs, MPEG2 (such

as DVB captures and transport streams), MPEG1 sources along with AVI/DV sources encoding into your favorite MPEG4 format was never as easy as now!

Program features support of:
    - DVD/VOBs(unencrypted from hdd), MPEG2, MPEG1, transport streams (including multi-program ones) and

AVI/DV input sources
    - XviD or DivX(5/6) output formats
    - AC3, DTS, PCM, MPA input audio tracks
    - AC3, DTS, MPA, CBR/VBR MP3 output audio tracks
    - two audio tracks in AVI
    - external (vobsub) or internal (burnt-in) subtitles (with support of forced subs)
    - HDTV input/output resolutions(upto 1920x***) and frame rates (50/60fps)
    - automatic crop and resize based on compressibility of the source to achieve Best results
    - automatic detection of input source: PAL, NTSC, FILM, HYBRID
    - automatic deinterlacer and IVTC
    - automatic split into CD-sized chunks for main video and external subs
    -----------------------------------
    HDTV2DVD
    http://www.svcd2dvd.com/HDTV2DVD/default.aspx
    HDTV2DVD is a new freeware tool to simply convert your HDTV material to DVD. HDTV captures are MPEG-2

Transport Streams at either 1280 x 720p or 1920 x 1080i resolution yet DVD is typically MPEG-2 Program

Streams at 720 x 480 (for NTSC). This means that to play HD material on a "normal" DVD player you have to convert the source. This is what HDTV2DVD does in a simple, user friendly way.
    Load up your HDTV file (.ts or .tp), start the processing and HDTV2DVD will produce a VIDEO_TS DVD folder ready for you to burn!
    ------------------------------------
    VOB2MPG v2.3
    http://www.svcd2dvd.com/downloads.aspx#VOB2MPG

VOB2MPG goes through a whole DVD VIDEO_TS folder and joins up the various vobsets to produce MPG's for

the different titles. Requires .net framework 2.
    -----------------------------------
    ImgTool
    http://www.coujo.de/ib2/index.php?a...l_name=download
    Popular tools to make an image (.ISO file) of a DVD Folder(VIDEO_TS) and also burn it. In Addition, the burning tool allows you to confirm and burn a DVD from VIDEO_TS made by any other application.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good information.

However I like to use projectx. I use it to convert to mpa to cut out commercials with mpg2cut2. Then I use projextx again to demux the commercial free mpa into m2v and ac3. From there I go to tmpgenc and create a dvd compliant mpg file and remux the downconverted video with the original ac3. Then I take the new merged, commercial free mpg with ac3 and load into Tmpeng Dvd Author. Works great. I haven't done it in awhile but I used that approach. I believe soopafresh posted that information awhile back. Works beautifully.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, good info! Making this a sticky.

I use haali media splitter and nvidia purevideo for mpeg2 ts playback.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think mpg2cut2 is a GOP level editor, isn't it? -- which means you can't always (read "can seldom") do a clean edit. Key frames don't conveniently coincide with the best in and out points.

Although it has the downside of being a proprietary app, VideoReDo is a fantastically useful _frame-accurate_ MPEG2 editor, and very simple to use. It doesn't do L- and J-cuts, so you sometimes need to compromise between the sound and vision tracks, but on the whole I can usually reckon to do completely invisible excising of ads with VideoReDo.

If anyone knows of an open source app with this kind of capability, I'd love to hear about it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    interesting
    Quote Quote