VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, if your optical drive stops recognizing discs properly, and you might be able to hear a slight scraping sound as the unit tries to read it, check to see if the ribbon is clear of the disc's path.

Hope this is useful.

Interesting diagnosis Dak, that sounds exactly like what my hacked AKAI DVD recorder is doing. You can actually see the scratch on the newly made coaster. I thought it was headed for DVD recorder heaven, but maybe not.

I do have a question. I just bought the polaroid and encountered the usual remote issues, so I'll break out the soldering iron. It's been a while since I used that thing. Is there a higher power LED by any chance, recorder placement is such that I need to go slightly around the top of the set?

Otherwise, this is an impressive machine that played Region 2 PAL discs right out of the box. No hacks needed. It replaced a Philips 642/75 that worked nicely, but it developed burner issues. It had 2(!) sets of component in jacks. I couldn't find anything like that out there that had that. The Polaroid was closest. Now I use the Philips as a "switcher" feeding the Polaroid's component in jacks. Clunky, but I have a choice of component inputs. Sad that component inputs are going the way of the buggy whip.

A HD switchout is next.

Great forum, thanks for all the info, everyone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Finally broke down this week & got Polaroid from Wally World for 149.99 open box. I need to stop my behavior, I brought a RCA now a Polaroid. This is the worst kind of Drug (DVD recorder). I won't sleep tonight because I got a new toy to play with. This has been a sleepless week......
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Barnabas
    Correct, you can only make a YesDVD disk when recording right to disk. I always take the Polaroid DVD's and re-author them.
    Can you explain a bit more on this? Re-Author them? Do you mean burn them to a DVD, then put it in your computer and rip it? Ive not seen any type of software that will let you fit on a DVD as much as you can when rec to a DVD from stuff rec on the Burners hard drive.

Thanks.
    Jess
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you get the little timer/polaroid icon in the bottom rt corner of screen to disappear?
    Quote Quote