VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In the Lists section, DVD Recorders, there are many useful options from which to choose. Many a time I spend hours sorting and reading and deciding, only to find out that the unit I decide upon is available only in the UK or Europe, but not the US. You really do not find this out until you do some price searches and see that the retailers are on the "other side of the pond" from me.

Is there any way to tell the search that I do not wish to have European models included?

Cheers,
    Dobermann
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    but many "european" models are available in USA under different names or different model numbers (while still its the same unit) and vice versa.

Regions won't make any sense since probably most of the players on the market nowadays are "region-crackable" (with probable exception of Sony ), and lets not forget each player can be "legally" set to any other region several times until it "legally" locks down with last set region...

PS
    I understand and support your suggestion.
    If Baldrick read it: perhaps additional search option by "retail stores" (since we already have this box showing on every player altogether with the price) is more viable option to ask for, and easy enough to implement?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'll move this thread to our Feedback Forum since it appears to be about the site and would be more likely to get an answer there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hey redwudz, what a surprise Congrats on becoming a Moderator
    (please dont say anything if Im late for months... )
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No, you can't search by regions as we are not adding any such information today. The comments are added with countries so we could add a search for it but it requires a least one comment then...
    Quote Quote  
  6. DereX888, maybe the way would be to have a new db field for cross referencing the different models or names. Perhaps even putting it beneath the main model number in the left hand column, DVD Recorder. It does not necessarily have to be searchable, just be there as a cross reference. Right now, there is no method that I know of to cross reference the model numbers, nor is there anything about it in the FAQ.

So far, almost every one of the DVD recorders that I have wanted to look at further or get prices does not come up in the pricegrabber link. I do no know if these two things are related, but it further compounds the problem.

Cheers,
    Dobermann
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dobermann
    DereX888, maybe the way would be to have a new db field for cross referencing the different models or names. Perhaps even putting it beneath the main model number in the left hand column, DVD Recorder. It does not necessarily have to be searchable, just be there as a cross reference. Right now, there is no method that I know of to cross reference the model numbers, nor is there anything about it in the FAQ.

So far, almost every one of the DVD recorders that I have wanted to look at further or get prices does not come up in the pricegrabber link. I do no know if these two things are related, but it further compounds the problem.

Cheers,
    Dobermann
    You do realise its impossible to add it to old/previous report, it would take months until updated reports database will have some really meaningful selection "by country", right?

Also I wouldn't search online only, specially with pricegrabber and such engines that do search on mainstream/major retailers *only*.
    I always suggest visit to local chinatown (if you lucky to have one in your area).
    Just after last Christmas my buddy from NYC took my advice and found there exactly what he was looking for... and for less than half its price in United States of Euro
    Quote Quote