VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using TMPGEnc Plus to encode my movies which are in .avi format. but some movies i open up it wont recognize the audio in the movie, so there wont be any sound when its done encoding. So I tried using Goldwave to extract the audio out of the .avi and save it in .wav format, so then I used my TMPGEnc DVD Author to turn the mpeg i created into .VOB files so i can burn them onto a dvd+r. So I open up the mpeg and it uses the .wav I created from goldwave but after it creates the .VOB files the audio is just a tiny bit out of sync with the movie?? how do I fix this? what is the right process from the beginning? what am I doing wrong? can anyone help me please!! thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Grab gspot , it will confirm the internals of the avi .

Try opening it in vdub , and set audio to full processing , the audio compression to none , followed by setting the conversion to 48khz / 16bit / stereo ... save as wav .

You can sync the audio using syncview , audacity , goldwave ... and there's an odd avisynth script or two the show's the same process to work out the time difference and to extract the audio .

In the case of mpeg , use virtualmod instead ... if it's only a faction out , you could use audacity to stretch it out .
    Quote Quote