VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried everything up above. When it comes to the drive to knowing the disc thats not the problem cause I can back up my other movies fine and I can even play Saw 3 fine with no problems on my computer. The problem I run into with these programs is none of them will recognize Saw 3, but like I said if I wanted to watch it there is no problem. I tend to back up all movies I buy cause my family likes to borrow them and sometimes loses them. I guess I will wait till dvdfab puts out another update, cause out of all the programs this one I like the most. Does anyone know if another update is on its way? When it comes to RIPIT4ME I have success till the end when it runs through shrink saying error VTS_99.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    had the same problem with Ripit4me/decreptor/fixvts and then when shrink kicked in it had 99 problem as well...... I then used nero 6 recode 2 with the file that decreptor left on hard drive and it worked perfectly (a little longer than what I'm use to). It did full backup without a hitch. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  3. The latest version of DVDFAB Decrypter claims to be able to deal with the new copy protection on Saw III.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVDFab_Decrypter
    It doesn't matter who you vote for. The government always gets in.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFAB doesn't work. The program won't even read the disc. I guess for those looking to backing it up will have to wait till the next update if anyone wants to use fab.
    Quote Quote  
  5. AnyDVD 6.1.1.0 Beta

Link removed
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need the latest version of FixVTS (1.603) (there was a tiny bug in the previous version 1.602 that caused VTS99 to not be processed, which is why Shrink complained!).
    If you still have your rip: drag/drop VTS_99_0.VOB and process it. Then drag/drop VTS_99_1.VOB and process that too, then you'll be fine. Or update to the newest version of FixvTS and try RipIt4Me again, this will work for 100% sure (I've seen reports on other forums).
    jeanl
    MenuShrink a free tool to shrink menus into stills with or without audio!
    DVDSubEdit: a free tool to modify your subtitles directly inside the vob.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see the RipIt4Me installer was updated today to include FixVTS version 1.6.0.3
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The above method does work.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used COPY95DVD in movie only format and was able to back up this movie with no problem. Could not get this program to do the entire disk. DVDdecryptor failed me also along with DVDclone.
    Lawrence Johnson
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    y'know, i have seen 2 other titles that ripit4me has failed on. i used 1-click mode, with all the cleanup options turned on. i did not try to experiment using different settings, i reverted to FabD, which worked no problem.
    the error i got was 'some sectors could not be ripped, but don't appear to be protected. clean disc & try again'
    titles were 'night listener' & 'gridiron gang'
    i was shocked at the failure! tried both discs on multiple computers, same results...
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  11. still doesn't work for me. I guess I'll have to wait until DVDFab released its new version
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It worked for me. Ripit4me and latest Fixvts.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Saw 3 is definitely a problem. Used AnyDVD, DVD Fab, and no help. Assuming the file structure is the same across the board, title 7 and title 15 seem to present a problem. I attempted to copy out simply the video files, use IFOEdit to create new IFOs, and then shrink it that way. No good either. I guess we'll have to wait, unless someone can report success with this movie.
    Quote Quote  
  14. that's what I used, but my PC keeps crashing on me. Funny thing is that when I tried using other movies, my PC doesn't crash.
    "Half empty or half full, it's still only half a glass" - What Dave Says
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The ONLY thing that will work is the following and take for granted that this is of right now- The latest RIPIT4ME, One click mode, but make sure that fixvts is also updated with the latest update and then wait for shrink to compress and use nero to burn. This does work cause it I made a back up of my copy just the other day and I was having the same frustration as everyone else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, just read the AnyDVD forum at CDFreak, and you'll see that it gets real frustrating! Many reports of successful full-DVD rip with RipIt4Me at Digital Video Forum...
    But you do need FixVTS 1.603 because VTS_99* needs to be processed! (which 1.602 was not doing on account of a stupid mistake on my part! )
    jeanl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After a couple of hours of trying all the methods mentioned and nothing working I was finally able to get this to work using a Beta version of AnyDVD (v6.1.1.0).

I used this beta of AnyDVD version in conjunction with CloneDVD, it worked perfectly.

If anyone is interested in trying this, below are some links to the Beta version (it's a 21 day free trial).

I don't believe this is warez, since it's is still a trial version like they offer on their website.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M5YEP8I7
    http://www.zshare.net/download/setupanydvd6110-zip.html
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3twq0tg2qzk

Enjoy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    RipIt4Me did work for you?
    Jeanl
    Quote Quote  
  19. just finished trying it twice again (once using Wizard and once using 1-Click), both crashed during FixVTS session.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FixVTS crashed? Could you post your logs? I could take a look! (I wrote FixVTS)
    jeanl
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's what I did, and it worked. If you crash, try to shut down all you can before starting.

Have DVDDecrypter installed. If you have AnyDVD running, shut it off. Launch RipIt4Me, use the 1 click option and follow the instructions. It will launch decrypter and begin ripping. Decrypter might give a few errors while ripping, especially toward the end of the disc. You should be able to OK through them and continue. Once done ripping, it should automatically launch FixVTS, and corrections will be made. After about 25 or so minutes from start to finish, you should have a ripped, burnable folder of files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tangaman
    Successful backup w/ Ripit4me (1 click mode) w/Fixvts (latest versions, Uncheck burn on the fly) ... Dvd Shrink/Dvd Decrypter
    Flawless
    Or yall can wait on DvdFabDecrypters update
    It worked for me too thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by funnel71
    Here's what I did, and it worked. If you crash, try to shut down all you can before starting.

Have DVDDecrypter installed. If you have AnyDVD running, shut it off. Launch RipIt4Me, use the 1 click option and follow the instructions. It will launch decrypter and begin ripping. Decrypter might give a few errors while ripping, especially toward the end of the disc. You should be able to OK through them and continue. Once done ripping, it should automatically launch FixVTS, and corrections will be made. After about 25 or so minutes from start to finish, you should have a ripped, burnable folder of files.
    I'm sure I have the log, but would you kindly let me know where is it located? After 6 tries, the 7th try (using 1-click), it finally works. I don't know about the playback of the copy yet, I haven't checked it out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What happened during your other tries?
    The FixVTS log should be in your target rip folder, it's called FixVTS.log (it should be next to all your ripped files).
    The debug log for RipIt4Me is in your AppData folder (type %APPDATA% in the address field of any explorer window to go there) in a RipIt4Me subfolder, it's called DebugLog.txt

Jeanl
    Quote Quote  
  25. During the other tries, FixVTS was frozen at the 17% mark (all 6 times) and I had to restart the PC. On the 7th try, it works without a hitch.

I'll check the log after I pick up my kid from school.

Cheers!
    "Half empty or half full, it's still only half a glass" - What Dave Says
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Amazing! Frozen?! I've never received such a report. It might have had another unrelated cause... (overheating, disk error, etc) but the log might help me figure that out...
    Jeanl
    Quote Quote  
  27. worked for me. shrinking it up now. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Wow really weird ...the VIDEO_TS folder in Saw3 contains over 400 files!!! ...never saw that before.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, they went all out! 99 titlesets, of which 16->98 are completely unreferenced (never ever used) and 99 is barely touched during the navigation. Quite stupid. The DVD takes a while to load in PgcEdit!
    jeanl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tangaman or anyone can you tell me how to uncheck "burn on the fly", I just got that error message. How do I find it to uncheck it. Is it in Decrypter, vtsfix, or ripit4me, I can't find it anywhere, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze help. Thank you.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote