VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    ...but after 15 minutes of floundering around a bunch of windows, could not figure out how to do it.

I thought this sight might be a good place to get people at other A/V sites to place their media experiences (we need to have a single site for this!).

However, after seeing how it was impossible for me to figure out how to do it, there doesn't seem like there is much point to suggesting this site.

I am very disappointed because I think, overall, this is a very good site!

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry you are disappointed. I didn't see where it was all that complicated. It's all on one page. You just find your recorder and click 'Add report or comment'. We make it like that to reduce spamming, which is a major problem on a site like ours.

And this post would more likely be read by our DVD Recorder Mod in the feedback forum. Moving you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can add dvd media comments in the dvd media list and link/report that it works good with your toshiba recorder but you would have to report one media at a time. You can't use the dvd recorder list comment and "link" to media from dvd media list yet...

Or do you want something else?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess my point about the method is not intuitive is sort of demonstrated by the 2 replies I receive - and I want to stress that I am very grateful for members taking the time out to try to help me.

I looked into some of those suggestions and the it is interesting that it appears that when you go to the page about the particular recorder you have, where they list the media people have used, there is a link "Add your DVD Media Comments Here" which is clearly the obvious place to start clicking.

What is really interesting is that entering there and failing, I never found the page resulting from clicking on "Add Report of Comment"

While ARoC is quite thorough, it is not clear how to add a particular media experience - it appears that you merely discuss it rather than add to the "DVD Media Comments for this Recorder."

I would suggest that when you click on AYDMCH, you should get a little form to fill out where you select the media type with a checkmark, a pulldown list for the retailer, pulldown list for the manufacturer, and a pulldown list for the media ID code, and then numeric input for # burns, # fails, etc.

I believe the problem is that the organization is by media, not a particular model recorder.

I think that is backwards.

When you buy a recorder, you are interested in everything regarding that recorder.

I would further suggest that you do not get many additions to the "DVD Media Comments..." because people try and give up when things just don't make any sense.

I know that your site does not have any usefull media information regarding the Toshiba RD-XS32 which is quite unfortunate.

There may be bigger and better sights for this type of databasing, but I don't know of any which is not to say that I have look extensively. While I will be trying to find the best web site to see what success people are having with media in this recorder, it may turn out that your site is the best.

But even if it is, you must make it easy and intuitive to add a media experience for a particular recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MrCreosote
    I would suggest that when you click on AYDMCH, you should get a little form to fill out where you select the media type with a checkmark, a pulldown list for the retailer, pulldown list for the manufacturer, and a pulldown list for the media ID code, and then numeric input for # burns, # fails, etc.
    I could try to add something like that. Thanks for the idea.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,

Sorry for the delay, I was having trouble with inactive and pw's...

I think a simple window there would be very intuitive.

Would you be able to populate the DVD Media tables also from input via this new window?

I suppose to be thorough, there would have to be "other" options for new media and media codes.

Thanks
    Tom
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I will try keep it simple and also add it to the dvd writers form.

And yes I will use the media from the dvd media list. If you want to add a new media you probably have to use the complex dvd media form, https://www.videohelp.com/dvdmediaform.php?addnewmedia=1 ...mainly to avoid duplicates and spam.
    Quote Quote