VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, by now, as anyone who has read much here, I know that the most popular model that comes highly recommended is the JVC S9911U, though it has its detractors. However, those are rare and expensive, so I'm looking for alternatives to the popular 9xxx, 7xxx, 6xxx JVCs that are regularly promoted( unless a good source can be shown me ). For example, I'm interested in knowing what models from Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, and Sony are recommended for that perennial task of converting VHS to DVD.

Does DigiPure have anything to do with wiggly sections at the bottom and top of the video or is that purely in need of a TBC? If the latter, then how will a Mitsubishi with TBC/DNR perform on a video in which those flaws particularly stick out compared with a DigiPure-equipped VCR? Is there any comparable technology analogous to DigiPure in the Mitsubishi / "X" brand w/ TBC/DNR or is the JVC thus equipped uniquely qualified to produce archival-quality video?

What are some good sources for finding a good used / new VCR for this task? I already know of eBay, Froogle, and Amazon( good luck finding anything better than reviews, though ). Any other good places?

I thank you for your assistance.

P.S. I'm wanting to spend about $250 MAX, but may be convinced to go higher. Is a S9800U for $279 + S/H that good a deal?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, this forum doesn't seem to be very active. I picked up an AG-1980 off eBay in hopes of seeing the quality that I've seen you get. Here's hoping.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where are you getting a deal on a 9800 and do they have anymore?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I honestly can't seem to find it right now, but it was on an eBay store. I don't suppose I need it any longer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A lot of this has been answered in past posts. Search.

Shop eBay.

DigiPure is attached to the line TBC, which is part of a system that removes video noise (wiggling, grain, chroma, etc).
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote