VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I tried searching the forum, but could not find a problem similar to mine.

I have a mpeg1 file from the internet. It lasts 24:48 min according to WMP and VD. The file starts out fine with video and audio. About 5:30 mins into the file however, there are 5 frames with some block errors and you can hear a small pop sound. After that the video continues to play just fine, but there is no audio. This happens both in WMP and VD.

According to VD, the audio is:
    Format: 44KHz stereo, 224Kbps layer II
    # of frames: 56970
    Total size: 40693K

I should perhaps mention that the video is # of frames: 44599

A small calculationg suggests that the sound should be: 40693*8/224/60=24,22... mins long which in my mind would suggest the audio is there (provided VD is correct), it is just not played.

What should I do? Can i repair the file somehow?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use virtualmod to open the mpeg , and strip the audio out as wav , and check .

This pop may have killed the audio completely from this point ... silence filled .

It happened in anacoda ... the issue was with the original dvd I had .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your help. I dl the newest version of VDM from their website (1.5.10.2), which is however somewhat older than the newest VD version, anyhow, no real difference, same problem (exporting to wav in VD and VDM makes no difference, same silence in wav file).

I could also note, that the popping sound I mentioned is hardly audible, you have to listen carefully to hear it at all.

Other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Noone can help me?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The easiest test would be to encode the file to another format - load it in convertXtoDVD or Tmpgenc and see if the conversion fixes the audio.

I'm pessimistic that the audio is there.
    Quote Quote