VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've never been a fan of hard drive DVD recorders, and apparently never will be. Recently I've looked into various models, and have hit one pain after another.

Panasonic -- Same as usual, poor recording quality, especially anything outside SP mode (uses 720x480 when it should not).

Pioneer -- That awful EPG/TVGOS mess, which causes all sorts of lock-ups, noise, and other nuisances. Force 720x480 recording at longer modes after SP.

Toshiba -- Again, stupid TVGOS feature, which makes the fan run 24/7.

JVC -- No second-gen or later models in the USA. There is some pro-line stuff, but I don't have $1500 for home recreation use (non-business).

Polaroid -- Mono tuner

LiteOn -- Mono tuner

I've not looked at Sony yet, but imagine it's overpriced and grainy as always. Cannot find Samsung or LG nearby.

Sadly enough, the machine I look forward to testing the most right now is the RCA at Walmart, but I'd be surprised if it turns out to look good.

There's lots of "home brand" machines out there like TruTech, Ilo and Insignia, but it's a real pot luck. I've read so many bad things about these no-name machines that I really don't want to even bother trying them out (unless I can get a really good recommendation on one before spending time to buy and try).

I just do not understand why HDD recorders have to be so inferior to non-HDD machines.

The search for a good HDD recorder is still on, but I'm not holding my breath. Might be time to build a HTPC with a Hauppauge card.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for your problems !
    I have a Philips DVDR 3450H and it's great - I record everything in HQ mode (the best available) and use PC DVDShrink to fit 2 hours on one DVD+R disc.

regards Pol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Morning guys.

Well, my most -reliable- unit was the Pioneer DVR-220S, even for its
    disc-only feature (non-HDD) it was -always- dependable. I could pop in a
    disc and let the timer/scheculer record my my Star Trek episodes while I'm
    at work. Unfotunately, I havent been doing this lately..

As you know, my latest is the Polaroid DRM-2001G. And, as you -also-
    know, it has (IMHO) only one major flaw, and that is, it only features a
    MONO tuner. Everything else is STEREO.

I've been searching for a -proper- method/routine to connect TWO devices, for
    the purpose of receiving the same signal, but without -any- loss or detail
    of the incoming signal source. So far, I have not found a workable way, yet.
    (someone did suggest something, but I haven't tried it, yet also)

Now, my purpose of this (above) setup is obvious. To schedule recordings
    (while at work) and -both- machines (vcr and dvd recorder) can activate and
    record. But, the Polaroid would serve as the main VIDEO recorder, and the
    vcr would serve as the main AUDIO. And, put them together for the final
    recording. I'm not sure if this is actual do'able, but I don't know of any
    other way to record STEREO into the Polaroid, less I settle for MONO -- which
    I don't think I'm willing to do with some tv programs.

Now, as a side note to this delima, I am thinking about another alternative,
    so that I can live with this MONO issue. The proposal is accept the MONO,
    -but- simulate STEREO through conversional method, via softare. At the
    moment, I am investigating this. I realize, that this is not a perfect
    solution, but it -could- serve, a temporary one, at least. Like I said, I
    am thinking about this as an alternative -- once I complete my research,
    I'll have a better answer and idea to base a decision on.

Course, after all said and done, (above) there's also the Component feature
    of the Polaroid. You can record through component, -and- have STEREO at
    the same time. Because of my limited TV viewing monitoring, I am only able
    to test successfully, 480i recordings. And, this is fine for me. So, the
    process for tipicle DVD projects is a mear simple one..

My setup for component recording follows this pattern:

** Hisense, USDigital USDTV DB-2010 -> Polaroid DRM-2001G
    ** [(R)(G)(B)] - [STEREO]

The results from this method are excellent, imho.

-vhelp 4192
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lordsmurf, I love your provocative style.

I believe the days of there being any hard drive DVD recorders are numbered. So it's not surprising to me that development has waned toward resolving some of the problems.

Meanwhile, I don't agree that my Pioneer DVR-510H sucks. I think it is wonderful. Maybe I'm just easy to please. I know it is supposed to have a blackout bug where the screen turns blue when trying to record a poor-quality source. But I've never tried recording a source that was so poor to cause it. Mine doesn't have the TVGOS, nor does the current Pioneer DVR-640H. These recorders might suck for what you expect, but they are surprisingly good in my opionion.

Meanwhile, the future is not in archiving but in temporary storage such as with DVR's. The rulers of digital rights management don't want us keeping digital copies of anything we haven't purchased at a store. Making better DVD recorders goes against the grain. In addition, there hasn't been enough of a consumer demand to justify continuing these standalone products. Get an EyeTV.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've got a Toshiba, the fan on mine only runs when the unit is on and it has no TV guide. It's a coulpe of years old, must only be on the newer ones. I picked it up on ebay for less than $40. Same excellent picture quality as the D-R4. It's got a Matsushita burner instead of a Toshiba burner, good news to me who has a few hundred RAM discs, Toshiba burners aren't very good with RAM.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My next recorder will be a Pioneer as well.....with a 160gig HDD. My wife wants it actually....my old Philips is good enough for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've been very happy with my Pioneer DVR-531H-s but it does have the two issues that LordSmurf has pointed out.

1.) Stupid EPG/TVGOS system that can be ignored and bypassed with manual recording settings.
    2.) No Half D1 until WAY too late.

Issue one is easy enough to ignore and doesn't exist in the current Pioneer DVR-640H-s but the Half D1 issue is even worse in the DVR-640H-s model.

However I would prefer to stick with Full D1 and at a bitrate that is acceptable to it. Since we are talking HDD models that is easy-to-do since you can record a lot to the HDD even in 1 hour mode.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mine doesn't. In fact, I would ONLY buy a DVD recorder WITH a hard drive. I'll never forget the first Philips DVD recorder (without a hard drive) I had. I spent $850 and the thing became a paper weight in less than a yr. At least with my Pioneer DVR-520H, I know whenever the hard drive goes, I can simply install a newer, bigger one, so I expect this unit to outlive me!
    Quote Quote  
  9. As the files are Stored Digitally
    It would seem that a recorder with a HDD is no different in storing the file weather HDD, disk, or whatever.. In the case of my Liteon/ilo units, I find the HDD models no different in quality than those without HDD. The HDD units have much better features. as in edit, but are no better or worse in recording or play
    I find that a video/audio File, –[ Of Equal Quality]- when played back will only be different based on what the equipment and its software tells it to do, With a HDD or disk or not

In a early version of my units [HDD and no HDD] the playback resulted in too much Green, on certain passages, An updated firmware [software] corrected this for both
    The storage media or had nothing to do with it or the units presumed quality

As to the Polaroid units, I find them to be very good. In fact some features, I feel are better than the LiteOn/ilo units. For my use, in conjunction with the LiteOn they would be a first choice.
    As to mono tuners I do not use any tuner in any recorder. If I did The mono tuner in the Liteon/ilo [Or Polaroid] units seems very good and I do not care for stero in the first place

I have found the issue of bit rate D1 D2 etc interesting.. One manufacture claims better than others or there Variable bit Rate works more wonders than the other guy.
    If you want to get right down to the best rate for a given timing, Use a PC
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cocopugg
    I'll never forget the first Philips DVD recorder (without a hard drive) I had. I spent $850 and the thing became a paper weight in less than a yr.

My Philips DVDR985 is still going strong....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by hech54
    Originally Posted by cocopugg
    I'll never forget the first Philips DVD recorder (without a hard drive) I had. I spent $850 and the thing became a paper weight in less than a yr.

My Philips DVDR985 is still going strong....
    That was the unit...The worst investment of my entire life. I'll never buy another Philips anything as a result. Their customer service was as bad as the recorder itself!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Panasonic DMR-EH50 has been working perfect for 2 Years, excellent picture quality.
    also the TV Guide has worked flawlessley
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Cocopugg......Wanna borrow mine?...
    My next one won't be a Philips....but I cannot complain about my 985. It's worked flawlessly on TWO continents now(I mailed it from the US to here in Germany). Mine is like the Energizer Bunny...it just won't die.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    I've never been a fan of hard drive DVD recorders, and apparently never will be. Recently I've looked into various models, and have hit one pain after another.

Panasonic -- Same as usual, poor recording quality, especially anything outside SP mode (uses 720x480 when it should not).

JVC -- No second-gen or later models in the USA. There is some pro-line stuff, but I don't have $1500 for home recreation use (non-business).
    Lordsmurf, I have a few questions about these two brands for you.

JVC:
    1. Do you consider the JVC DR-DX5S to be a pro-line model, or does it fall into the $1500 category? I just purchased one of these from B&H for $1299, and I haven't heard of any problems with it. Just curious as to what I'm getting into with my first JVC recorder.

2. The DR-DX5S is an HDD/DVD/MiniDV combo device, and has been out for about a year to the best of my knowledge; have you tested this unit, and if so what were your impressions of it?

Panasonic:
    1. Do you mean that the Panasonic recorders record in 720x480 when they should be using a lower resolution, or do you mean that they don't record in 720x480 when they should be recording a 720x480 NTSC image?

2. Is there any difference in PQ between the HDD and non-HDD models of Panasonic recorders? What about discs failing to burn?

I'm really curious about the DR-DX5S since I just purchased it and everything I've read says it's an excellent recorder, I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but I'm probably going to do that tonight.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lordsmurf needs to put away the DVRs for a couple weeks and use a VCR. Maybe then they will all seem great! It's like having a beautiful girlfriend and 6 mo. down the road you don't know how much longer you can stand that crazy bitch. But when she's gone for awhile you can appreciate how hot her bod really is!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cyrax9, if I had the money, I'd buy a JVC DR-DX5S. That is an excellent pro-line machine. It's just priced too high, and I cannot justify its purchase without first winning the lottery. On the Panasonic, I mean that most all of the current models record 720x480 when it should not. It should be using 352x480 much earlier. A 3- or 4-hour DVD-Video at 720x480 on a single-layer disc is pure video stupidity.

masochrist, I could easily go back to S-VHS or use D-VHS and get superior results as compared to some of these DVD recorders. But the issue is I want DVD video, hence the dilemma. Also, a crazy bitch will always be a crazy bitch, regardless of how good (you think) she looks on the outside.

Frobozz, you have to make people want to read the post somehow!

Since I plan to record off digital cable with the new HDD box, I may look into the mono-tuner machines after all. I'd be feeding the signal in via s-video or composite.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What do you think of this item?

Lasonic HV-670
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?Item=N82E16882133001[/url]

Its got good reviews. Its not an actual recorder, but it uses a hard drive with pullout enclosure. Looks pretty cool, I havnt bought it yet though, I'm still debating. Remote sucks.

also 2 videohelp.com reviews
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=6709&Search=Search&#comments
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=5840&Search=Search&#comments

The LG Electronics LRM-519 HDD DVD recorder I have, I bought refurbished. It just died on me a few days ago so I'm pretty pissed. It had problems before it died. It kept turning off on me and turning on at random. The dvd drive would not open unless I pressed the open close button long enough but if I pressed too long it goes into demo mode.... Now it just says "waiting" when I turn it on. So ya, I am hoping I find a good one too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lordsmurf ... if you really want a stand alone DVD recorder with a built-in HDD for recording from cable or satellite TV then I really think you will be happy with the Pioneer DVR-640H-s

As you know I am very happy with my DVR-531H-s

The DVR-640H-s does not have any of that EPG/TVGOS stuff so that is no longer an issue and programming a recording the old school "manual" way is very easy-to-do.

I think you will find that the only thing that doesn't make the Pioneer the perfect HDD DVD Recorder is the fact that it does do Full D1 up to and including the 4 hour mode.

However consider this ... you have a 160GB HDD and the Pioneer makes it very easy to edit (without re-encoding) so it is easy to record ... edit ... and then burn to a DVD disc. So there really is never a reason to drop below the SP or 2 hour mode for most TV programming. Even if there is like a 6 hour block of TV shows (a marathon special) you can still record at SP and then cut it up easily into 2 hour chunks to spread out over multiple DVD discs.

Other than the Full D1 vs Half D1 thing the Pioneer has everything you would expect in a quality HDD DVD recorder. It has variable bitrate (in 5 to 10 minute increments) and a ton of settings including 7.5 IRE and 0.0 IRE capability. It has great editing features. Most importantly it does all this in an interface that is very easy to use and perhaps best of all ... the image quality is top notch.

The only reel beef I can see you having is the lack of Half D1 at proper bitrates but if you stick to SP mode or close to it (I've done up to 2 1/2 hours with good results) then you will be happy.

The only other drawback is the lack of a FIREWIRE input but I don't see that as a big issue since one should really be doing camcorder stuff on a computer where extensive editing is needed ala Vegas or Premiere etc.

For an idea of what to expect I have a sample I put up a while ago (for another purpose). This sample clip is a recording made on my Pioneer DVR-531H-s using the 90 minute mode. The source is the official pre-record VHS of BLADE II which was played back on a Toshiba 6-Head Hi-Fi Stereo VHS VCR with the V3 technology. No S-VHS VCR used ... no TBC used ... just direct from VHS VCR to the Pio using composite video. I "lucked out" in that this VHS video has no copy protection on it.

If you want I can put up some cable TV recordings and if you have certain channels or shows you want to see then just let me know. I know the DVR-531H-s is not exactly the same as the DRV-640H-s but my understanding is that they use the same MPEG-2 chipset etc. for recordings that look the same (knock on wood).

Anyways here is a link to that BLADE II clip: http://rapidshare.com/files/4766263/Blade2c.mpg

I know you favor the LSI chipset and there are some LSI chipset based HDD DVD recorders out there BUT all of them have fixed recording times ... in other words no selectable variable bitrate. I hate that!

"The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    Quote Quote  
  19. (hmm, don't see an option to delete this post)
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why not try out a used jvc dmr30 off ebay?
    Quote Quote  
  21. I have some Liteon and Ilo recorders, basically the same,
    They have LSI chipsets

They do have a variable bit rate in Just Fit when using timer record but is in my opinion not worth the effort. While some units are easier, the result is more or less the same;

The LP 3hr mode is very good with these units And the EP 4hr Is not that bad
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Cyrax9, if I had the money, I'd buy a JVC DR-DX5S. That is an excellent pro-line machine. It's just priced too high, and I cannot justify its purchase without first winning the lottery. On the Panasonic, I mean that most all of the current models record 720x480 when it should not. It should be using 352x480 much earlier. A 3- or 4-hour DVD-Video at 720x480 on a single-layer disc is pure video stupidity.
    Thank's for the heads-up Lordsmurf; I intend to test out my recorder today hopefully and gather some information for a review. I second the price point -- I agonized over it, but my need for the ability to playback miniDV tapes without hauling out my camcorder made me finally crack. Basically I've got a nice stack of Panasonic AY-DVM83MQ MiniDV tapes and I need a way to look over them and find the "best" scenes I've shot to capture and edit -- no sense wearing out the camcorder for "searching" if you know what I mean.

The 720x480 issue actually explains a lot about Panasonic quality in the over 2-hours department. Sometimes I need another half hour on a disc for something and I know that I'd be better off using a second disc. It's really annoying that they've yet to fix any of the six fatal flaws of Panasonic recorders. I have two of them, and they're great for the under two hour stuff... until you try and play a disc on another player -- then they're a disaster with audio when ripping, IRE bug issues on the older recorder, and some macroblocking in certain recordings on the newer one, this also pushed me into JVC terrirotory. (That and I like my JVC S-VHS deck and the capture decks I use in the editing labs.)

Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    masochrist, I could easily go back to S-VHS or use D-VHS and get superior results as compared to some of these DVD recorders. But the issue is I want DVD video, hence the dilemma. Also, a crazy bitch will always be a crazy bitch, regardless of how good (you think) she looks on the outside.
    Don't tempt me with D-VHS -- I was () this close to picking a D-VHS recorder up just to avoid this stupid format war. At least I know that if the D-Theater tapes never took off, the D-VHS deck would handle my old S-VHS and lousy VHS tapes, and still be able to record an HD Signal if I wanted it too, in fact if I wasn't a quality whore, I'd buy one of these when my family gets an HDTV this summer, and wait for the Blu-Ray HD DVD format war to blow over. No failing Hard Drives, no DVD authoring problems, and no standard-def recordings required.

However as you've pointed out, I want DVD video as well, and I think that some companies, especially those that have a decent market for recorders (Yes Panasonic, I mean you,) could start manufacturing better consumer level equipment. If Panasonic fixed their video quality and took off some of their "gimmicks" such as the photo stuff (save that for printers and digital cameras,) I'd be happy. I second the remark about the crazy bitch as well; it pretty much sums up my feelings in relation to a Panasonic recorder when looking over the specs on the box. Seems great on the outside, now look inside and the thing looks like it's on drugs, especially when the words "Dolby Digital AC-3" are involved.

Thanks for the information, and a review should be coming sometime in the next week or so.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lordsmurf,

You know, I had this idea for the MONO tuners audio, as a reaplacement
    or hold-over until something better or fix comes along. I think I
    already mentioned it, but I'll mentin it again..

If we could find an easy solution to take our MONO -> convert -> Simulated STEREO
    and replace and reauthor, with this new audio. I realize that its not the
    real thing, but it might be better than plain MONO, though fake.

My idea was to find FREEWARE tools that we could compile together and
    cook up a short and easy receipe to do the process.

My other idea, as an enhancement to the audio, was to find a tool (FREEWARE)
    that does "fancy" audio simlations.. ie, reverb mixed with channel delay,
    here or there, and fine tune it, for best sound, and use that as a profile
    for on-going MONO -> Simulated STEREO.

Even if you (and others) are not interested, I was still going to do some
    research on this, tomorrow and play around with this. This could make a
    good weekend project. I was way too busy these past days with other things,
    so I couldn't start it sooner when I wanted to. Anyway. It's something
    to consider, also.

-vhelp 4202
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    I think you will find that the only thing that doesn't make the Pioneer the perfect HDD DVD Recorder is the fact that it does do Full D1 up to and including the 4 hour mode.

However consider this ... you have a 160GB HDD and the Pioneer makes it very easy to edit (without re-encoding) so it is easy to record ... edit ... and then burn to a DVD disc. So there really is never a reason to drop below the SP or 2 hour mode for most TV programming. Even if there is like a 6 hour block of TV shows (a marathon special) you can still record at SP and then cut it up easily into 2 hour chunks to spread out over multiple DVD discs.

Other than the Full D1 vs Half D1 thing the Pioneer has everything you would expect in a quality HDD DVD recorder. It has variable bitrate (in 5 to 10 minute increments) and a ton of settings including 7.5 IRE and 0.0 IRE capability. It has great editing features. Most importantly it does all this in an interface that is very easy to use and perhaps best of all ... the image quality is top notch.
    Very much in agreement with your post. The only thing you forgot to mention was the ability to burn to DL media, which opens up another range of options (over various bitrate choices), and not being locked into just -R / -RW, if that matters to anyone. (I intend to try burning a DVD-RAM or two -- just for the hell of it -- because now I can.

Actually, in several respects I prefer the earlier model 520H over the 640H, but they do have a different set of tradeoffs, and in the end I guess it's a wash. I bet you could find a 520 for not all that much on Ebay, and if you were planning to replace the HDD on it anyway, there would be that much less to lose.

I don't know if Toshiba is going to remain in the game, but this Pioneer 640 might be the last of the really good DVDRs, unless and until the day ever comes when something affordable might materialize in an HD recorder. But don't hold your breath on that one, given how this lesser market segment has fared.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I bought a Philips 3455H, hoping it would use the LSI wisely. The machine, however, sucks ass, and uses 720x480 up until 5 hours or so. Ridiculous. Even 3-hour mode video looks about on par with VCD. It's nothing but blocks. I feel as if I'm watching a Lego version of anything that gets recorded. Even the mighty LSI can look bad when overwhelmed by stupid manufacturer setting. The only way this will ever look good is if you're using a 13" CRT to watch it.

These companies are releasing equipment that is so incredibly inferior that I almost want to vomit. Buying good equipment should not be anywhere near this difficult.

Had a tough time finding a good 20" CRT too, had to entirely scrap the idea because of geometry issues, buzzing tubes, pathetic speakers, and all sorts of bullshit issues that did not exist in the 1990s. It's sad when my 17-year-old bedroom tv outperforms everything brand new. I have to start looking at LCD, more than likely, to get anything worth a crap.

I passed on the LG DVD recorders because they uses "Good, better, best" for recording modes, nothing else. That is inexcusably inflexible.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Frobozz
    Meanwhile, I don't agree that my Pioneer DVR-510H sucks. I think it is wonderful. Maybe I'm just easy to please.
    Yup, I like mine too, but as Frobozz sez...I'm pretty easy to please. (Mitsu. 35" CRT TV)
    Might not be tho, after I get a 40+ inch screen HD plasma.
    The Devil`s always.....in the Details!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, i admit it...i went cheap. but ONLY b/c i have very few vhs tapes to convert to dvd for safekeeping. i was lure in at Target by the low low price of a TruTech dvd burner.
    it's ok...i got what i wanted on dvd. but can anyone tell me why my mac wants me to restart when i insert the disk? i just want to clean up the footage a bit that i have transferred.

thanks.

kimbafly@bellsouth.net
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lordsmurf check ebay there is a bunch of 2004 model drm30's refurbished, very nice prices.
    Quote Quote  
  29. DR-DX5S $1300 this is nuts.whats in it that cost that much??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MJA
    DR-DX5S $1300 this is nuts.whats in it that cost that much??
    Here is a link to the JVC DR-DX5S ---> CLICK HERE

That link takes you to the official JVC website. The MSRP is $1499.95 US Dollars.

For those that don't care to follow the link:

HDD+DVD+MiniDV Triple Recorder with 250GB HDD, featuring 6-Way Dubbing, Bit-Rate Optimizer, High-Speed Dubbing (Max. 64x), and ...

* Playable Formats: MiniDV, HDD, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD-R, CD, SVCD, VCD, CD-R/RW, WMA/MP3/JPEG Digital Still (CD-R/RW)
    * Recordable Formats: MiniDV, HDD, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW (VR and Video Formats), DVD-R
    * 250GB HDD (Up to 473 Hrs. Recording)
    * Progressive Scan Output
    * i.LINK Connection (DV Input for HDD/DVD/MiniDV, DV Output for MiniDV)

That is the summary ... here are what JVC calls the "features":

* Playable Formats: MiniDV, HDD, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD-R, CD, SVCD, VCD, CD-R/RW, WMA/MP3/JPEG Digital Still (CD-R/RW)
    * Recordable Formats: MiniDV, HDD, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW (VR and Video Formats), DVD-R
    * 250GB HDD (Up to 473 Hrs. Recording)
    * Progressive Scan Output
    * i.LINK Connection (DV Input for HDD/DVD/MiniDV, DV Output for MiniDV)
    * VCR Plus+ (HDD/DVD)
    * Dolby Digital/DTS/MPEG Digital Output (HDD/DVD)
    * Component Video Output
    * High-Quality Picture
    * DV-Format Recording (MiniDV)
    * Bit-Rate Optimizer (Intelligent Dual-Pass Encode Dubbing System) (HDD—>DVD)
    * Motion Active Progressive Scan Output (for Video Source)
    * Digital Direct Progressive Scan Output (for Film Source)
    * Super MPEG Encode Pre-Processor: Time Base Corrector, Frame Synchronizer and Motion Active Noise Reduction
    * Super MPEG Post-Processor: Block Noise Reduction Circuit, Color DigiPure and Hadamard Noise Reduction System
    * Recording/Viewing
    * 16-Hour DVD Recording (on Double-Sided Disc)
    * Live Memory (HDD/DVD-RAM)
    * Simultaneous Recording and Playback (HDD/DVD-RAM)
    * Relief Recording (HDD)
    * Linear PCM Audio Recording (XP Mode Only)
    * 1.5x Quick Playback with Sound (HDD)
    * Editing/Dubbing
    * 6-Way Dubbing
    * Freezeless Editing for DVD Disc (HDD—>DVD)
    * High-Speed Dubbing, Max. 64x (HDD—>DVD)
    * Playlist-Based Editing (HDD/DVD)
    * Just Dubbing (HDD—>DVD)
    * Easy Program Dubbing (HDD/DVD)
    * User-Friendly
    * Library Database DVD Navigation
    * Animated Thumbnail on HDD/DVD Navigation (DVD-RAM/DVD-RW VR Format)
    * High-Resolution GUI (English/French/Spanish)
    * DVD-R Menu Screen with Thumbnail (18 Designs)

Sounds nice but that is one hell of a price tag !!!

Quote Quote