VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you listen to streaming internet radio?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do you stream internet radio??

I don't. I have but I just prefer my mp3s to random stuff online.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I sometimes like to listen to the local talk radio station but there is a high pitched hum all of the time (probably resulting from the high power lines in the back yard). Luckily they webcast so I am able to listen on line, although the connection always seems to drop at the worst possible moment.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I wish to listen a specific style of music, I prefer to do it with a dedicated to that kind of music, stream internet radio.
    Also web radio stations are a great source to inform me for music styles I don't really know off.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have XM Radio and sometimes use their on-line service.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sometimes I listen to Swing Era music while working at the computer. Here, no player needed:

http://www.tropicalglen.com/
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I listen to streams of remote stations which I istened to when I lived within range.

I listen to great archived concerts and guest appearances on some of these stations.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I listen to a lot of "sports talk" stations on line. Nice to be able to listen to the rants in another towns about its local (baseball, football, etc) who's sucking wind.

In Philadelphia (area I live in)
    610AM - WIP
    Sport Talk 950AM - WPEN

In New York City (home of the NY Giants )
    66AM - WFAN
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last thing I listened to was a concert (Hendrix 1969) at Wolfgang's Vault but as a rule, I do not listen to Internet radio, podcasts, etc. I prefer to read the news from several different sites.....
    Quote Quote  
  9. I capture streaming radio and listen to it in the car via an MP3 player.
    Quote Quote  
  10. AOL streams XM radio for free. I hook my laptop in the office to a small boombox to get the boredom out of work.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's boring just like having yet another device stuck right up you ear.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yes, WCPE. I'm within the transmitter range but the building I work in kills the reception. So I listen to the on-line stream.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only time I listen to streaming radio is when my friend had her own show and for some reason I cannot get a steady radio signal in my house so I listened to the online stream.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    only done it a few times, but it's always been interesting...

browsing streams thru winamp directory thing
    following links given to me by friends
    finding the intermittent magic of /b/ radio through a certain other messageboard ... all the odd requests, hard rock and demotunes you could possibly handle.

but it's not a regular think. i have this thing known as a real radio ysee. and cds and mp3s by the gallon. i just have no pressing reason other than morbid curiosity to log in to the Short Wave radio of the electronic world. oh well.
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote