VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone help me im trying to convert my MPG to BIN/CUE because i aint got no dvd-r's only cd-r's and the file is like 702 mb and nero wont let me burn it cause my cd-r's are only 700 MB and i cant seem to figure out the conversion if anyones got pics or something of how to do this within VCDEASY then please help a brotha out!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vcdeasy will work IF your mpeg is either vcd or svcd compliant. it won't convert it to a compliant mpeg. start vcdeasy select the vcd/scvd pal or ntsc type. select where you want the output to go - burn to cd or file folder. click add file and let it check your mpeg. if it's good click go.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flashgordon420
    Can anyone help me im trying to convert my MPG to BIN/CUE because i aint got no dvd-r's only cd-r's and the file is like 702 mb and nero wont let me burn it cause my cd-r's are only 700 MB and i cant seem to figure out the conversion if anyones got pics or something of how to do this within VCDEASY then please help a brotha out!
    ANY compliant (s)vcd mpeg file can have a file size of close to 800 MB(without overburn) in order to burn on 700 MB CD because of the burn mode. When burned as data a certain amt is allowed for error correction. (s)vcd's are NOT burned as data but in mode 2, which has no error correction, so a bigger file size is allowed. If nero isn't taking your file, then the reason isn't cuz of the file size.

Do you even have compliant mpeg1 vcd file? Or you have no idea and just decide you want to burn as a vcd. Find this info out first before you start using any programs, especially ones you paid for. BTW vcdgear could have easily just made your image files and it's freeware. Then you could have used any number of freeware burning progs out there like DVD Decrypter, burnatonce to burn these cue/bin files.
    Quote Quote