VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All

I recorded audio on Sont Sound Forge 8.0 which lasted for 1 hour, however once i saved the file as WMA the audio has gone. The WMA file has saved onto my desktop, however there is no sound when i play the file.....can someone please halp me as it is so fraustating puttin so much effort into creating/recording the audio and then for it to disappearl

I was thinkin maybe is it possible to find the RAW audio on my computer as i have not closed Sound Forge yet???

I would really appreciate some help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Raw audio should still be there. Did the application crash? SoundForge still keeps tmp files even if there was a crash. Search the drive.

I don't recall exporting to WMA from SoundForge. You could use the Windows Media Encoder instead.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx

I'm away from my SoundForge machine this week.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to the reply. No the application didnt crash, its weird, i saved the file then all of a sudden there was no audio. The file is still open but there is no peaks and there is no audio playback. when i try to save the file it saves as blank audio......

How can i open the temp files?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try searching by date. I forget the file extension used but it opens as if a wav.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you go into your perferences page, it should list the TEMP directory there. Also, it may have saved the TEMP files in the same directory as where your .WMA files is saved. Check either of those places. Good luck!!

Mako
    Quote Quote