VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    i just lost my ratings on 5000+ songs

i have all the songs but i dont have the meta data ive spent months entering

before i load everything back into my ipod, what other software can i use, something that will give me smart playlists.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    maybe this would come in handy. offers easy backup. i don't have first hand experience with it as i only buy mp3 players like the sansa with no drm crap.

iPod Access for Windows v2.9.3
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Sifaga,
    Wow that sucks!! iTunes is going through a bad patch right now, if it wasn't for the purchasing aspect I'd have ditched it myself, The current version also won't let you import multiple files!? I've been checking out Anapod Explorer www.anapod.com, it looks kind of promising, but it's not free, but then neither is the time it takes to fix the metadata on 5000 songs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By metadata do you mean the album info and track titles and stuff???

Musicmatch has a super tag lookup feature for songs. It tries to look up the song in an online database and then imports the track title, album info, year published and stuff into the song. Say you ripped a whole cd but didn't have the online database recogninition active so you know have a dozen or so songs with just the info track1-12 on them. With the supertagging it looks up the album in question and will update the metatags with all the correct info.

I don't think musicmatch works with aac however.

Supertagging only works in the plus pay version of musicmatch - it has manual tagging in the freebie version.

I do believe there are freeware mp3 tagging programs that will also look up album info. I don't know about aac files however.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    by metadata i mean , play count, last played, skip count etc....

i can copy the songs from the ipod to the pc and it has all the song ifo but info like play count dosnt live with the song.
    Quote Quote